Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: Any!
Coachwork: Self!
Chassis: Crown or Gillig!
Engine: Cummins 855, 400 HP or more!
Rated Cap: 36,000 GVRW
The answer, today is, you put the connections on what ever side you choose and make an extension cord that goes from one side, under your vehicle, to make connection on the other. WHY?!? Because if you are using Solar, you will want to pull in forward or back-in to take advantage of the best position to get maximum solar exposure.

BigPaul367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:03 PM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Chassis: ThomasBuilt 30'
Engine: need someone to tell me
Rated Cap: me + 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ol trunt View Post
I expect the reason for hook ups being on the drivers side is to help prevent people from backing over the service connections while parking. I have 3 holding tanks ( 2 grey and one black) on my little bus--one of which requires a lift pump to drain into the other grey tank. My holding tanks were all "free to me" so I worked with what I had. This left me with the final drain outlet on the passenger side. I went with a macerator pump and a 5/8" dedicated garden hose so dumping is never a problem and hook up and clean up take only a few seconds.
Jack

Do you run grey water thru the macerator to clean up?
kidharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:26 PM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtrans
Engine: 444E
Rated Cap: 84 pas
Most answers I read indicated drivers side do campgrounds. The campgrounds do that to reduce the number of utility repairs they have to do as a result of back overs. If you will be using campground utilities you'll at least want your sewer hookup on the drivers side. Long shore power cord and long freshwater hose will make the side you choose a non-issue. We almost never stay at campgrounds. Our shore power is stored in the battery box on the passenger side.
Rock-N-Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 06:59 PM   #24
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9 24v
Rated Cap: 54 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-N-Ruth View Post
Most answers I read indicated drivers side do campgrounds. The campgrounds do that to reduce the number of utility repairs they have to do as a result of back overs. If you will be using campground utilities you'll at least want your sewer hookup on the drivers side. Long shore power cord and long freshwater hose will make the side you choose a non-issue. We almost never stay at campgrounds. Our shore power is stored in the battery box on the passenger side.
Yeah, thanks. My grey water will be i the back of the bus. Should be easy enough to hook up a hose and drain to the driver's side.
JDSquared is offline   Reply With Quote