Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2004, 04:14 PM   #1
Skoolie

From used-bus.com 3 buses (number 2 my personal fav)

Hello folks!

Thanks again for everyone's help re: ebay buses. This website http://www.used-bus.com is one I've known about for a year. They currently have what I'm looking for in three types. Tell me what ya think and perhaps some additional questions I can ask them.

1st: http://www.used-bus.com/Usedbuses/us...stockno=K20390 (largest of the buses, is this good or bad?)

2nd: http://www.used-bus.com/Usedbuses/us...stockno=K20523 (my fav & one I'm writing them on.)

3rd: http://www.used-bus.com/Usedbuses/us...stockno=K20041 (looks good)

Hope everyone has a happy holidays!
Pg

----------------
1990 International Ward Volunteer "Fantastic Voyage"
pangaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 05:02 PM   #2
Almost There

Good Place

Thats where I got my bus. I think I stole it from them for $800
1989 chev 66 thomas 8.2L At545 66,000 miles!!
In search of Bus #2
(Sold)1989 Chevy Thomas 8.2 Detroit Allison AT545 Custom 3rd door added in back.
GM Service Tech
JonCBrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
Bus Geek

those buses all look nice, and I would venture to guess they will run a long time. They're all gassers though and that's a disadvantage.
Anyone have a similiar bus with the 366 gas and allison auto want to tell us what kind of fuel economy you get? My guess is about 4-6mpg.

Steve, the owner of the site has a gasser that gets 10+mpg, but his skoolie is smaller than the ones you're looking at here.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:29 PM   #4
Skoolie

4-6mpg?? Gods, I didn't ask them what's the mpg is..duh on me.

Got a message back from the place; Front tires are about 50% rear 40 % left tread. Front and Rear heat, this bus was in service last school year. (60 mph top speed). That top speed isn't gonna cut it on the hwy is it? Though I'm not trying to break any speed records here-do ya think that 366 can tow a car or horse trailer?

Its pretty long (37ft), inside is 8ft which equals to lots o space. They never said whether or not it would make it to california though I assume if it was in service until last year, it will do. Who knows, ya know? My thoughs are mostly can it make it home and once partly converted will it make the trip to burningman.

One other thing folks, WHERE can I find out more information on standard gas engines for buses? Which ones are the best or more reliable? According to Greg (florida chr bus), he says for burning man, he'd go with a gas since parts are more readily availible. Every bus is different no? Good thing I'm not in a hurry otherwise I'd go nuts.

pg
----------------
1990 International Ward Volunteer "Fantastic Voyage"
pangaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:30 AM   #5
Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 370
Rated Cap: 44
I got my bus from there as well, through ebay though!

won the bid at right under $900.

'89 Ford Wayne 370 2V - 98K mi at the time. The body was a bit worn as was the engine+tranny. No problems as of yet, its been 1.5yrs since the drive back. Those guys at Used-Bus.com are really cool!

Plotting the next project now. Looking for a clean diesel pusher with low rust/miles. Identical plans with plumming and biodiesel added :)
dammitAndy is offline   Reply With Quote