Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2020, 03:45 PM   #1

Fuse panels thomas freightliner

Hey guy I'm new to the forums here! My girlfriend and I recently bought a 2002 thomas freightliner school bus to convert into a long term home and move from Florida to a state that has changing seasons. I have experience working on cars and motorcycles but im new to big busses like this. Theres a power panel next to my battery box that has no info on it at all. Is there anywhere I can find the electrical sheet for it?
I also have a question about the inside heater system, I see 2 water levers. 1 inside and 1 next to the engine block. It looks like it takes water and cools it in the engine before sending it along the bus. How do I get that to work? I'll be more active on this forum since we just started our build and will most likely have more questions. Thank you for all your help and this amazing site!
Attached Thumbnails
20201007_102911.jpg   20201009_134549.jpg   20201009_134553.jpg   20201009_134244.jpg  

Vlad&Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:00 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: MBE904
Rated Cap: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad&Luna View Post
Hey guy I'm new to the forums here! My girlfriend and I recently bought a 2002 thomas freightliner school bus to convert into a long term home and move from Florida to a state that has changing seasons. I have experience working on cars and motorcycles but im new to big busses like this. Theres a power panel next to my battery box that has no info on it at all. Is there anywhere I can find the electrical sheet for it?
I also have a question about the inside heater system, I see 2 water levers. 1 inside and 1 next to the engine block. It looks like it takes water and cools it in the engine before sending it along the bus. How do I get that to work? I'll be more active on this forum since we just started our build and will most likely have more questions. Thank you for all your help and this amazing site!
Welcome! I just bought a Freightliner this week, I can post a pic of our fuse box diagram tomorrow when I’m at the bus if no one else can help you. Not sure how it’ll compare, ours is a 2007, but perhaps it’ll be useful.
Old 10-09-2020, 08:01 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: MVP-ER
Engine: Cummins 5.9L tan block, MD 3060
If you search online for your local Freight liner dealer you should be able to get them to send you the operators manual and the service manual. The two have tons of information including electrical schematics to get you started.
Have fun!!
skooliedog@gmail.com
SMMTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:23 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
It is so interesting how different buses can be from the same manufacturer and the same year! Our 2002 Freightliner FS-65 Thomas Built Bus has no such electrical box. All of the electronics are on the inside under the side switch panel.

When you go to your local Freightliner dealer, ask them to set your up with a DTNA login (for the chassis) as well as a TBB Portal login (for the body). From there, you can pull wiring and parts diagrams of your bus at your leisure.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #5

this is how mine came, to the left of my steering wheel theres a fuse panel and under all the switches is a whole mess of wires. im gonna wait until my move to tear all that out and label and take out whatever i need, outside the bus next to the battery compartment i have a bus power bar and a circuit breaker that has no indications whatsoever that i need help finding. maybe taking a voltmeter to it would help figure stuff out.
one more question. my bus came with a wheelchair hydraulic lift on the side. cant remember the manufacturer of the ramp on the top of my head.. does anyone know the weight capacity of that ramp? i want to try and pick up my motorcycle, about 600lb to stow it in the back of the bus during the move
Vlad&Luna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, heating