Okay so the plan at this point is...
#1. Hard to describe, but I am looking for a short / medium bus. Either on the smallest side a cutaway 5 row, on the longest side an FC 8 row. That should keep me under 30'. I have picked 30' as the target honestly for driveability / parks access concerns... Not to mention storage. It should be noted, I am NOT planning on full timing, at least not in my first build.
#2. I have much, but not all of the materials needed, and of course the size of bus will impact this, but so far I have...
- Tongue and Groove Bead Board. 1/4" thick 6" wide and about 100 linear feet
- 8 4x8 sheets of 1/2" cabinet grade plywood
- 20 Southern Yellow pine 2x4s
- 12 R-Max foam board sheets 4x8.
- Coleman 2 burner camp stove
- Coleman Camp Stove Oven.
- 5 Cu Ft low draw B&D 110V fridge.
- Mr. Heater Portable Buddy heater
- 1/2" black iron pipe
- 1/2" PVC, and CPVC pipe / fittings galore.
- 2 recent 2 lb propane tanks, (2017)
- Zodi instant hot shower propane,
- 4 @ 7 gallon aqua tainers
- Unused single bowl kitchen sink, stainless
- Unused king memory foam mattress
- Row of used / pull out plywood cabinets. Not MDF. These came out of a neighbors house during a remodel a few years ago...
- 100 bd/ft of 4/4 pecan, maple, walnut, and red oak lumber.
- Unused (new in box) Glacier Bay pull down sprayer kitchen faucet.
- Box of electrical outlets, switch plates, switches etc... Need boxes and wire.
- Pull out 60 amp Square D breaker box, and breakers. 60 amp main, 4 @ 15 amp branch circuits, ground block etc...
- 8K BTU Window Unit A/C. 110V lightly used.
To at least the Zodi, I am seriously considering upgrading to an Ecotemp. I didn't know about the Ecotemp when I got the Zodi (the company was almost brand new then...), and I am REALLY liking the L5. I can plumb that into the bus. Main issue will be venting, which can be done with a roof jack.
I am not sure about flooring, toilet, shower fixtures / how to accomplish that is going to depend on the end size of the bus we get...
I am not married to having a sofa or dinette, would prefer swiveling captains chairs and TV trays... (I'm big and need the room). So I will be scouring the wrecking yards for some pull out swiveling captains chairs from a conversion van.
I am pretty sure I am going to want to sheet metal over the windows, and swap in some more energy efficient, probably tinted windows, and at least one, more than likely 2 Fantastic Fans.
What else do I need to get the build done?