Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2021, 11:46 PM   #1

Gauging Interest: Joshua Tree, CA Skoolie Meet Up

Good evening (PST), S.n!

Fairly new member to the S.n community here. Purchased my 95 Chevy Collins G30 w/ a 6.5L 4 window skoolie in April 2020, but only recently joined S.n and posted my introduction to this forum on February 2021.

Anyways, I am currently out of a job, and a few prospective jobs have fallen through at this point. This combined w/ my slow build progress has got me down. Since I don't currently have a job, I want to be productive in another manner: setting up some Skoolie meet ups/weekend camp outs on BLM land in the Joshua Tree, CA area.

The purpose of the meet ups would be for Skoolie owners at different stages to share their experiences, and offer guidance to other attendees. For example, I have gotten past the demolition phase of my build, and feel like I could offer some guidance to someone who recently purchased their bus, and was wondering how to dispose of bus bench frames, etc. Likewise, I could really use some guidance on electrical questions, including how disconnect certain wires, in addition to setting up solar in my skoolie.

So, if anyone in the SoCal area is interested in meeting up, lets get a conversation going to determine location, dates, and discuss potential road blocks.

Also, if this post should be made elsewhere, please let me know!

Hope to hear from some members!

Thank you,

Traveller Bus

TravellerBus is offline   Reply With Quote