Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2017, 11:07 AM   #41
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
I very much appreciate the strength of geodesic domes. It is the bus the base of that dome would be attached to that I am questioning. If it torques out of shape the way they are inclined (and designed) to do, it seems those stresses would very likely distort the dome frame popping things apart. Domes rely on equalizing stress for their integrity...unequal stress is another matter.

Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I very much appreciate the strength of geodesic domes. It is the bus the base of that dome would be attached to that I am questioning. If it torques out of shape the way they are inclined (and designed) to do, it seems those stresses would very likely distort the dome frame popping things apart. Domes rely on equalizing stress for their integrity...unequal stress is another matter.

Ten four thanks for your input . That is my main concern. That stress point specially keeping it sealed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LunarWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #43
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
So when can we expect to see a prototype? I mean, now that all the details are worked out.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:55 AM   #44
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarWorm View Post
Who works for who , they serve the ppl and like to treat certain ppl like they arnt ppl , specially transient folk cause they think we are avoiding taxes just cause we choose not to own property. I’m the last person you need to worry about “worring” about being incognito, know your rights bro do it high vibe spread love , I don’t even have to be brought down to there low vibe man . Lowballers and halfassers always get jealous
They have a badge and a gun. They work for no one especially in small towns. Shouldn't be that way but some times it is. I wouldn't avoid doing a dome if you really want one for that reason but it is something to be aware of.
Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #45
Mini-Skoolie

i wouldnt say all the details are workked out at all. i havent gainned too much from this post but do feel now that the idea is just floating around and im okay with that but have a feeling someone knows EXACTLY what needs to be done and will do it for them selfs... buttttt

im getting out of a long term partnership.... and it was always our dream, just so happens she wanted to go right as soon as im looking in to loans for our home.

soo time frame..... idk now we will see.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #46
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Sorry to hear about the recent changes in your life. Don't let that drag you down. What you need is a good therapeutic project to work on, like a bus. All kidding aside, a project would be good for you at this point.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #47
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:

im getting out of a long term partnership.... and it was always our dream, just so happens she wanted to go right as soon as im looking in to loans for our home.

soo time frame..... idk now we will see.
Sounds like the perfect time- unencumbered, need lodging. Fresh start.

Dome is very doable. It's only 8' hole in ceiling, so 2 roof ribs cut. King/cripple the neighbors like done in framing and it's fine. Could even make a ginormous sunroof if the dome was on tracks and could be slid back.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:43 AM   #48
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks for the support y’all . Still have a vision of dome on a bus . My partner and I stayed together and had a child and now looking to build out a skoolie for our family home . I want a small dome so I can stand thru the escape and pick fresh herbs and things ........ huge plans hopefully I’ll have time to articulate to and include y’all
Old 05-30-2019, 11:55 AM   #49
Bus Crazy

Year: 1975
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 8 window
Engine: 454 LS7
Rated Cap: 24,500
Quote:
Thanks for the support y’all . Still have a vision of dome on a bus . My partner and I stayed together and had a child and now looking to build out a skoolie for our family home . I want a small dome so I can stand thru the escape and pick fresh herbs and things ........ huge plans hopefully I’ll have time to articulate to and include y’all
funny how my mind works - I have no need of a dome, but your goal is an interesting one that set my mind to imagining how I would build one, out of what material, how to ventilate it, etc, etc, etc, - maybe I'm just escaping from what I should be doing - lol - good luck with your project
Sleddgracer is offline   Reply With Quote