Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-29-2017, 11:05 AM   #41
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,782
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiejay4444 View Post
Do you have a photo of yours?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My last one-



My new one is very close in size, about a foot or two shorter. Won't have any decent pics of the new one till it gets here later this week.

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #42
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
My last one-



My new one is very close in size, about a foot or two shorter. Won't have any decent pics of the new one till it gets here later this week.
This is a great size. I can hardly wait to see your new one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #43
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,782
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Yeah, thanks, I can hardly wait! I just love these kind of buses, they're short buses but on full size chassis. I gave up a few inches of headroom and a foot or so of length but gained a bigger, more powerful engine with a much better transmission. And AC!
These things are rugged, maneuverable, easiest to work on, and most capable on crappy dirt roads.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:28 AM   #44
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiejay4444 View Post
This is a great size. I can hardly wait to see your new one.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Would you be able to put something like the photo on the back of this bus?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:37 AM   #45
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,782
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Sure, that could be the back of any non-RE bus.
I personally wouldn't want to exacerbate the rear overhang, but its definitely doable.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:45 AM   #46
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Sure, that could be the back of any non-RE bus.
I personally wouldn't want to exacerbate the rear overhang, but its definitely doable.
I really appreciate your comments...trying to put think b's in perspective. I hope you don't mind, I started following you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:45 AM   #47
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiejay4444 View Post
I really appreciate your comments...trying to put think b's in perspective. I hope you don't mind, I started following you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Auto speller ugh! ...trying to put things in perspective.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:22 PM   #48
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 19,128
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I LOVE short busses!!!!
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:30 PM   #49
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,782
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I LOVE short busses!!!!
Show the OP that beautiful pair of buses!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:02 PM   #50
Bus Crazy
 
Mountain Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 1,222
Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Yeah, thanks, I can hardly wait! I just love these kind of buses, they're short buses but on full size chassis. I gave up a few inches of headroom and a foot or so of length but gained a bigger, more powerful engine with a much better transmission. And AC!
These things are rugged, maneuverable, easiest to work on, and most capable on crappy dirt roads.
Funny, that is what led me into buying a school bus...instead I got the flat-nose for a bit more space, but the front-end overhang limits my offroad worthiness. Plus the cuteness of it

Seems I have the same or similar bus as Robin. BlueBird 26-foot front-engine. As a mechanic, I like to hear my engine, listening for problems before they bite me. Major noise changes can alert most people, but more subtle noises may take more of a trained ear, anyway. But, yea, what he said: great turning radius and parking-lot maneuverability. I fear almost no parking lot. Some yes. Even with narrow spaces, I can usually find a spot. Need 2 to pull through, though.

For what it's worth, I can recommend these BlueBird TCFE1000 HandyBuses
Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:10 PM   #51
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,782
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I like the size of them, but I'm not one of those people who cares if there are wheel wells and I NEED 22.5's.
Those are flat floor aren't they?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:09 PM   #52
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Yes they are flat floored. No wheel wells front to rear on the interior. The L-track covering the floor is great for securing whatever you want to put in there.

These 26' FEs are one foot longer than most five window shortys, but have about 40% more floor space than a shorty dognose (conventional).

I just put a 2002 TC on the Non-afilliated bus thread.

I do a lot of backroad driving which works out just fine. My driveway,however, has a creek crossing it which causes my bumpers to drag a little. For the amount of space on the interior I have no complaints.

I still have two other conventional shorties and I was very tired of the wheelwells dictating where things could go on the interior. I miss the way a conventional shorty drives but the additional space is worth it.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:15 PM   #53
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Show the OP that beautiful pair of buses!
What? Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:34 PM   #54
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Gnome View Post
Funny, that is what led me into buying a school bus...instead I got the flat-nose for a bit more space, but the front-end overhang limits my offroad worthiness. Plus the cuteness of it

Seems I have the same or similar bus as Robin. BlueBird 26-foot front-engine. As a mechanic, I like to hear my engine, listening for problems before they bite me. Major noise changes can alert most people, but more subtle noises may take more of a trained ear, anyway. But, yea, what he said: great turning radius and parking-lot maneuverability. I fear almost no parking lot. Some yes. Even with narrow spaces, I can usually find a spot. Need 2 to pull through, though.

For what it's worth, I can recommend these BlueBird TCFE1000 HandyBuses
Thank you, MG!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #55
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
There's a 2002 26' FE with lift on govdeals right now. About 150k on the odometer.

This one is 5 years newer than mine, which also means it's a computerized engine. I don't know your preferences regarding mechanical engines versus computerized engines.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:07 PM   #56
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 19,128
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiejay4444 View Post
What? Lol


Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
My pair of short busses I take LONG rides in

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1639.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	17516

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2530.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	17517

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:12 PM   #57
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,782
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
My pair of short busses I take LONG rides in

Attachment 17516

Attachment 17517

-Christopher
I know RedByrd is running and riding GREAT, but one of these days you gotta bring the DEV down!
GREAT looking buses. Redbyrd has the nicest paint job I've seen anyone have on a bus yet!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:50 PM   #58
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
My pair of short busses I take LONG rides in

Attachment 17516

Attachment 17517

-Christopher
I love them!!!!! Wow! Lucky, hard-working you!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:51 PM   #59
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I know RedByrd is running and riding GREAT, but one of these days you gotta bring the DEV down!
GREAT looking buses. Redbyrd has the nicest paint job I've seen anyone have on a bus yet!
I agree...very sharp looking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:52 PM   #60
Skoolie
 
debbiejay4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
There's a 2002 26' FE with lift on govdeals right now. About 150k on the odometer.

This one is 5 years newer than mine, which also means it's a computerized engine. I don't know your preferences regarding mechanical engines versus computerized engines.
To in, what is your preference?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
debbiejay4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.