Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2022, 11:48 AM   #1

Help converting

Hello are there any people out there that live in Washington State or the surrounding states that know how to do school bus conversions. I've watched the videos looked at the tutorials and even still I need some help and converting our school bus. I'd like to find a contractor that we can pay to help us convert and I just don't really know where to start or who to trust I figured I'd ask on here

Danielle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 01:14 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
Most conversion owners (who finish) are experienced DIY'ers, fabricators & tradesman. Do you intend to perform only the mechanical maintenance and repairs, yourself?

These two coach builders are in WA:
globallimos.com/bus-conversion-seattle

cascadecustomcoach.com/

This a great opportunity for job creators, who want to finance a few families. Fund weekly paychecks for Plumbers, Electrician, Welders & Carpenters. Most charge less than $250 per hour.

Are you savvy to Lonestar Skoolies or the folks who have been swindled by amateur bus converters?

RV work requires NO:
license
bonding
insurance
experience
completion
permit
inspection

All comms in writting: drawings, timelines, expectations, responsibilities, expenses, constraints....

Welcome to the
Insane Asylum

Good luck!
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 12:30 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
Maybe you don't need to contract out as much work as you think. Lots of people have done their own work, learning new skills as they make progress. I contracted out my roof top A/C and my flooring. Everything else, I've done...some after a lot of head scratching, some I did more than once (trial and error).
The only sure way to fail is to not try.
BarnYardCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 05:57 PM   #4

Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnYardCamp View Post
Maybe you don't need to contract out as much work as you think. Lots of people have done their own work, learning new skills as they make progress. I contracted out my roof top A/C and my flooring. Everything else, I've done...some after a lot of head scratching, some I did more than once (trial and error).
The only sure way to fail is to not try.

Normally I would. I'm handy and love to do renovation on my own house but I need help here. Im finally cancer free but my first 2 surgers killed my ability to move around. I still have 2 more to get through before I can get my strength back. I'm useless right now. i just needed someone to do the conversion while I help as best I can. I can't handle it alone
Danielle B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 06:31 PM   #5
Skoolie

Year: 2005
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle B View Post
Normally I would. I'm handy and love to do renovation on my own house but I need help here. Im finally cancer free but my first 2 surgers killed my ability to move around. I still have 2 more to get through before I can get my strength back. I'm useless right now. i just needed someone to do the conversion while I help as best I can. I can't handle it alone
If you are on the east side of the state, these guys are just up in Sandpoint, ID: https://www.yetibusbuilds.com/
DrDanger is offline   Reply With Quote