Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2021, 09:27 AM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokercraze View Post
It’s not everyday schools bus
I’ll ask for pics of motor
Also ceiling 6,6
That’s a real nice looking deal if all checks out good. 36’ in a rear engine is going to give you lots of room to build out and still with a little shorter wheelbase will make it handle a lot nicer in tight spaces. High headroom, white paint and rv style windows are going to save a lot of time and money so if it checks out good a few extra bucks up front wouldn’t scare me away from that bus at all.
Good luck

Oscar

Oscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:37 AM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1 View Post
That’s a real nice looking deal if all checks out good. 36’ in a rear engine is going to give you lots of room to build out and still with a little shorter wheelbase will make it handle a lot nicer in tight spaces. High headroom, white paint and rv style windows are going to save a lot of time and money so if it checks out good a few extra bucks up front wouldn’t scare me away from that bus at all.
Good luck

Oscar
Thank you appreciate that
Jokercraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:51 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Engine: 3126b 210hp
Rated Cap: 48
What Catholic Church did you say ?

A/C can be expensive to fix. 2 compressors and dryers cost $1400. With labor, Freon, and some misc stuff it cost me $2400.

Getting the right platform for your build is very important. If it costs you a few dollars more up front........

And if it’s the 8.3 ?

What church was that again?

Peace
Meathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 09:57 AM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead View Post

A/C can be expensive to fix. 2 compressors and dryers cost $1400. With labor, Freon, and some misc stuff it cost me $2400.

Getting the right platform for your build is very important. If it costs you a few dollars more up front........

And if it’s the 8.3 ?

Peace

Is Christian school
Old 02-12-2021, 10:15 AM   #25
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathead View Post

And if it’s the 8.3 ?

Peace
Haha nice fishing there Dave
Ya if that thing checks out could be a real good deal for him.
Fingers crossed
Cheers
Oscar
Old 02-12-2021, 11:44 AM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1 View Post
Haha nice fishing there Dave
Ya if that thing checks out could be a real good deal for him.
Fingers crossed
Cheers
Oscar
LMAO YEAH THATS ALSO WHY I DODNT INCLUD THE WHOLE PIC...
someone scoop it from underneath me
Old 02-12-2021, 01:28 PM   #27
Bus Crazy

Quote:
LMAO YEAH THATS ALSO WHY I DODNT INCLUD THE WHOLE PIC...
someone scoop it from underneath me
Haha
None of us here would ever do that to you!
But as my great grandma used to say, you better “sh*t or get off the pot” before someone else does.
Cheers
Oscar
Old 02-15-2021, 05:54 PM   #28
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
It’s not everyday schools bus
I’ll ask for pics of motor
Also ceiling 6,6
Ok so this bus .. we agreed upon a price of 7600. I couldn’t get them down any more. if everything goes thru me checking it out.
The Miles are real low thei school had it for 10 years they only put 12 k miles on it.. and have it serviced ..
they have paperwork for it clean title and
It’s 2000 Thomas bus non school mvp 36 ft
With ac all works no rust and only 35,000 miles mall tires in good shape just been serviced, 78 inch ceiling. Trans is Allison he said 3000 series school been closed for me to get a tag for transmission.. but is the 3000 trans Would that be MD3060 ?
And if so .. will this blue fore be able to turn on 6 gear
Windows are like camper windows already..
any input when I go look at this.. but what this guy saying is this thing is pretty clean
Attached Thumbnails
0BA6CB25-2DEC-41F1-82ED-91DA2ADA2B5E.jpg   8969B97B-E401-479E-93AD-2F576C99F9FC.jpg   97A31AFE-71AD-4AAC-80A0-6EBF1039BDDC.jpg  
Old 02-15-2021, 06:20 PM   #29
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
That's a nice looking bus and it sounds like it's got some nice advantages over many we see...and that's a fair price in this market. In fact, I dare say, that's a great price in this market for what you're describing.

The BlueFire won't let you turn on the 6th gear, but it's still worth having. Getting 6th turned on can be a hassle, but there are several paths to that outcome...some through official channels and some through friendly computer gurus.

EDIT to ask: What Christian school is that? HAHAHA!
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:28 PM   #30
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Ok so this bus .. we agreed upon a price of 7600. I couldn’t get them down any more. if everything goes thru me checking it out.
The Miles are real low thei school had it for 10 years they only put 12 k miles on it.. and have it serviced ..
they have paperwork for it clean title and
It’s 2000 Thomas bus non school mvp 36 ft
With ac all works no rust and only 35,000 miles mall tires in good shape just been serviced, 78 inch ceiling. Trans is Allison he said 3000 series school been closed for me to get a tag for transmission.. but is the 3000 trans Would that be MD3060 ?
And if so .. will this blue fore be able to turn on 6 gear
Windows are like camper windows already..
any input when I go look at this.. but what this guy saying is this thing is pretty clean
I guess 35,000 miles is possible - just seems unlikely that any organization would shell out the big bucks a school bus requires and then use it so little, when you could lease or hire buses for so much less money per mile. I would show up with a BlueFire in hand and make it clear that the agreed-upon price is contingent on that being the actual mileage. If it is then that's probably not a bad price.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:42 PM   #31
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
I guess 35,000 miles is possible - just seems unlikely that any organization would shell out the big bucks a school bus requires and then use it so little, when you could lease or hire buses for so much less money per mile. I would show up with a BlueFire in hand and make it clear that the agreed-upon price is contingent on that being the actual mileage. If it is then that's probably not a bad price.
Yes I will have my bluefire with me..
here’s some more pics
They got a smaller bus they been using... and that’s what they are getting when this one goes is another small bus
Attached Thumbnails
5BBF8365-FF2D-4DA5-A6A6-139803BABE09.jpg   8D6558D7-8619-423E-B026-B42BAD4A4F82.jpg   087C6DBB-3561-47DC-A589-C9FD2746F2C5.jpg   BECA0126-239A-4B71-962C-25B1CA1C48D0.jpeg  
Old 02-15-2021, 06:52 PM   #32
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
The mileage is questionable, as it is for a lot of school buses. A good investment for you right now would be a Bluefire device, which plugs into the bus' data port and lets you read (on a table or smartphone) all the dashboard parameters and a whole lot more, like (importantly) the bus' true mileage. If you visit the bus in person (which is obviously a good idea) you can use it to get the real mileage, and once you own your bus the Bluefire will give you a digital dashboard (which is incredibly handy to me since my physical dashboard freezes up all the time).

The money on this seems kind of steep as well.
For the bluefire I ordered today do I need any thing else cords or does this plug right in to the bus.. and where should this port be ? I haven’t looked yet
Old 02-15-2021, 07:03 PM   #33
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
For the bluefire I ordered today do I need any thing else cords or does this plug right in to the bus.. and where should this port be ? I haven’t looked yet
It should plug right into your data port, but I have no idea where that is on that bus. You'll also need a tablet or smartphone (I use an iPod touch but I don't recommend that since the screen is so small). No cords needed - the "Blue" part in the name refers to its use of Bluetooth to handle communication between the BlueFire and your tablet.

You also need to install the app "BlueFire for Trucks" on your tablet (I think the name is the same for Android and Windows but I'm not sure). The iOS version is very poorly-written (it has a lot of trouble handling orientation changes and you often need to close and re-open your dashboard in order to keep the parameters updating) but it's functional. I'm a professional iOS developer and using this app kills me a little bit inside each time, but it is what it is.
Old 02-16-2021, 09:32 PM   #34

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: AA RE 3903
Engine: 8.3 cummings
Mine is a better bus than that one and I paid 3000 on https://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/br...aucs?catid=402
I got lucky and the bus I bought was a socal bus "0" rust. keep looking
Bionic Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote