Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2018, 12:10 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

HELP! Worth it or Not???

Alright peeps,

So new here on the forums. Been looking into the bus life for a loooooonggggggg time.. like 13 years. Finally ready to make a jump.. But also not really..

HERES THE DEAL...
I found a bus... 1995? Genesis with what I think is a DT466. unsure on transmission. Its got 86k on it, Is painted a fresh white with a black stripe... Super clean. Its been converted before, and is on its second rerun. Owner gutted it again, but left some key parts in place.. Has water tanks.. Not sure on details, but its got the ins and outs.. Upgraded capitan seat. new insulation (foam) and the side paneling that he was going to use (a nice wood style thing?) comes with a generator (super nice yamaha) two 2 place dirbike hitch mounts (one for the front and back) and a bunch of other extras.. Has a roof deck, and some canoe racks on top as well. Custom luggage storage underneath also.
The thing is pretty fricken sweet.

Theres more.
Hes also got a ford econoline 350 camper sitting next to it. He bought it to swap the fridge and stove out, and get it into the bus. thing runs, complete. also has a generator, and a bathroom that could be moved her as well.

These are a package deal.. and theres a boat/trailer involved as well.. but thats irrelevant.

So.. the Price.. He's saying in the area of 14k. My question is, do you guys think its worth it? all if not most of the dirty work is done, so I'm pretty much sitting with a blank slate and the parts.

The goal is to integrate a small recording studio inside as well. possibilities are endless..

If i were to say, go 12500 would it be a deal? or am i getting robbed? again.. just factoring in the idea that most everything been done....

Thanks all. Either way, bus life is calling.

Crlefley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:10 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Without pics just going on my 6am instinct- I'd say pass.
Sounds like someone's trying to clean out their cluttered junk and make money in the process.

I'd pay more for an UN-CONVERTED bus. A fresh blank slate is, to me, preferable than someone else's cobbled up mess. 14k will get you a hell of a bus, man.

Just my 2 cents.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 06:16 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
I agree. Price is a little high.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote