Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2004, 07:08 PM   #1
Almost There

House batteries

Im currently in the proccess of selecting house batteries.
I have a 5000 watt generator and a 3000/6000 surge inverter
Im considering using 4 group 31 deepcycle batteries from batteries plus $69 They have a reserve capacity of 300 minutes in theory I would have 1200 minutes (20 hours) of power with no charging. Keeping a safety net I would plan to go 10 hours over night with out charging and fire up the generator in the late morning.

"Reserve Capacity (RC) - RC tells you how many minutes the battery can supply 25 amps of power at 80 degrees F or 27 degrees C without falling below 10.5 volts. In other words, it's battery "staying power." " (from the interstate battery web site)

I guess Im looking to see what everyone else does for "quiet power" at night especially to run the A/C.

Jon

In search of Bus #2
(Sold)1989 Chevy Thomas 8.2 Detroit Allison AT545 Custom 3rd door added in back.
GM Service Tech
JonCBrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:45 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
If you haven't read this thread you, it might have some interesting information in it

http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14

I now have the engine battery, three deep cycles, and six of the high current ups batteries.

I no longer have a generator and can go a couple days without recharging, if I am going to use a microwave or other high current device I will run the engine while using it to help out the bank. I think you will really enjoy silent operation and the lack of setup once you get where your going.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 09:30 PM   #3
Bus Geek

i'd just like to say that i'm jealous of steves bus. His battery capacity is awsome! Quiet power is a wonderful thing. More things his bus does better than mine: better acceleration....higher top end speed....better hill climbing.....better fuel economy.....do i have to go on???

did i mention he also has a gas motor and i have a diesel?