Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2018, 06:41 AM   #21
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Never coached any teams, not even junior soccer
Chassis: I'm still figuring out what this means
Engine: CAT diesel
Rated Cap: No caps, only hats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Vicious View Post
Hey guys (and gals), just thought I'd stop in again and say hi. It's been a few months.

Still going strong. Although it's been 4 months or so, I have to keep reminding myself that I'm only home 2 days per week.

The March Hare is finally seeing metal go in rather than come out, and after initial concerns that I was building too heavy, by my calculations the redesign will come out lighter than the original construction even with quarter inch thick square tube supports.

The "blocks" under the roof bows will eventually be replaced with 2x4x1/8" tube the entire length of the body.

The crossmembers are mounted using the factory spacers and clamps, with 1/2" grade 8 fasteners and flat washers.

This weekend I'm framing her in with old roofing tin skirts to the ground and stapled plastic over the windows so that I'll be able to work through the winter. Found an old wood stove in the barn that should keep things toasty enough.

Sometimes I just sit with a cup and look her over, sure she's still a mess for now .. but after a decade lurking here and having always wanted a bus - I'm just finally happy to be one of *you* now.

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

IMG_3695.jpg

I’m impressed!

spenceronehalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:06 AM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TCF
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Thank you.

Actually I have no intentions of a raise .. my plans are to use the bus as a hobby electronics and machine shop, and the windows (that I leave) will be about right when sitting at the benches.

Major mods will focus on under chassis access boxes for generators, an AC unit feeding floor vents, 50 gallon horizontal compressor and tank, battery bank, spare tire, storage , etc.