Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2005, 09:36 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American FE
Engine: Cummins 555 9.1 L diesel
Rated Cap: 77
How much school bus yellow can I keep?

Taking a look at my paint I see it is in surprisingly good condition. This changes my perspective on painting considerably, especially since I can't use metallic sparkle flakes without spraying, which I'm not doing.

I'm now thinking about using a black and yellow paint scheme, with the primary design coming from the bus schema. How much do I need to alter it to be legal? I see plenty of buses with just a minor amount of alteration. I'll do more than that, but how much is enough? Anyone know?

B

Old 06-02-2005, 09:48 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 370
Rated Cap: 44
Depends on your state I think. I live in OH and I once saw a bus completely stock with Black flames over the front end and hood. It looked quick and dirty, but pretty cool. I never talked to the kids so I dont know if it was even legal. Check w/ your BMV. or another skoolie in your state that might know

Plotting the next project now. Looking for a clean diesel pusher with low rust/miles. Identical plans with plumming and biodiesel added :)
dammitAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:26 PM   #3
Almost There

How much yellow

Hi Branden, Here in Washington State you can have all the yellow you want. A friend of mine has a converted 'Crown' just a few miles North of me and keeps it all yellow ( minus the School District nomenclature of course). He likes the look of a school bus and he has brand new Imron paint as well.

Later, J.B.
J.B. is offline   Reply With Quote