Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #1

How tall is it?

Hello Folks, so glad to find such a place here on the web.... lots of good information for a newby like me....

I have a question... one of many.... I'm pretty sure....

How tall is it...? I'm 6'2" .... Before modifications.... how much standing/head-room does a typical school bus have?

I love the looks of a Blue Bird Pusher, but I may have to take what I can get for the money I have...
I will want some insulation in the floor and ceiling.... or will I? Depends on height.... right?

Any help is appreciated...

Reno

There is no E Tutits Bus for a Lait Nats Bus Egu Fret Bus in order to keep my EniRamBus De Grem Bus in nature. Self-Contained and capable of staying so for weeks, or even months at a time. With-out detection. With-out coming to "shore".
EniRamBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #2

Re: How tall is it?

Thanks John.... I haven't been inside a bus in decades but, I do remember school busses have curved tops, higher in the middle...

Six and a half feet tall will be Ok with me... as long as I do not install any lights or A/C units in the center.

Looking forward to my first bus.... conversion.... looking forward to my new adventures....

N-E Way..... Thanks for responding.... I'm certain I will have more questions between now and the purchase of my bus. And many many more after....

Reno
There is no E Tutits Bus for a Lait Nats Bus Egu Fret Bus in order to keep my EniRamBus De Grem Bus in nature. Self-Contained and capable of staying so for weeks, or even months at a time. With-out detection. With-out coming to "shore".
Old 08-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

Our bus is 6'1" right at the isle way. I'm 6 foot and can bump my head on the ceiling rather easily. Like John mentioned, once you get a matter of inches to the left or right of the small isle things start getting short in a hurry.
syke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke
Our bus is 6'1" right at the isle way. I'm 6 foot and can bump my head on the ceiling rather easily. Like John mentioned, once you get a matter of inches to the left or right of the small isle things start getting short in a hurry.

Thanks "Syke"...
I will just have to duck some... I hope I wont spend a lot of time pasing up and down the isle...

Being tall is not all bad... but being a bit closer to normal height can be good, too....

BTW...

I lyke your BUS.... I want ONE lyke it.

Reno
Old 08-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Or you could do a center aisle floor plan and just raise the center section by building a clearstory as opposed to raising the whole roof.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
Or you could do a center aisle floor plan and just raise the center section by building a clearstory as opposed to raising the whole roof.
I guess I need to figure how to use this forum before I start a rebuild on my future bus/RV.... i.e. I have made a couple of replies... none have shown up here... I wonder... will this one?

How long is a typical wait for a post/ reply to be OK'ed by the moderators.... ?
How long then before the post/reply is posted...?
If for what ever reason... a post is denied.... would I be notified... ?

Something tells me there is somethig I am doing wrong.... My post/ reply would typically fit in with most all other post/replies I've read here... I may have accidentally used a four letter word...(work).... or two.... (hard).... but surely these would be excused...

N-E Way... I'll try this post/ reply and see if it gets.... posted...

Reno
Old 08-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by EniRamBus
Quote:
Originally Posted by syke

Thanks "Syke"...
I will just have to duck some... I hope I wont spend a lot of time pasing up and down the isle...

Being tall is not all bad... but being a bit closer to normal height can be good, too....

BTW...

I lyke your BUS.... I want ONE lyke it.

Reno

Thanks. We like it also
There are tons of buses out there and plenty without any rust. If I could recommend one thing, it would be to try and spend a little more money up front getting the exact platform that you want. For me it would kind of suck to go through an entire conversion and just end up wishing you had x or y.
We spent about 3 months searching craigslist/ebay before we came upon the bus we now have. Big motor, right transmission, rear engine, etc just what we were looking for. We spent a few bucks more for this bus but it was exactly what we needed.
Once you decide on what kind of specs you want, try to find a geographical area of the country that would need such specs in a bus.
For us it was the mountains of Oregon that we found the big motor type buses. If we wanted a bus with factory A/C we would be looking in Phoenix.

It really also comes down to what your planned intention for the bus is. My above opinion is based on a full time living arrangement. If we were building a weekend camper or tail gate rig, well my opinion would change a bit.

As far as your posting woes, it probably comes down to your IP getting caught up in the spam filters. There is a bit of a spam issue on this board and I think only a moderator could help you with that.

Good luck on your hunt. Don't be a stranger, no one here bites.
syke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #8

Thanks Ryan,
Your advice about getting the right platform sounds like sound advise...

My plan is full time living... as I retire within in the next ten years and do not want to set around the house the rest of my life... And I am single.... so I might as well go....

For full time living and travel across the USA.... I will want it all.... big engine... with the right rear-end... etc... A/C can be add-on... but as you said... starting with the right bus is a must....

It appears my post have all now shown up here... And from what Im reading here... and from what I know... I will need all the advice from here I can get...

I will start walking onto some buses now and test-driving the ones I can....
I've done some basic research on converting a bus to RV for registration in Oklahoma... I'm hoping when the time comes it will not be too much trouble.

But I gotta get the right one first...

Reno