Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger
How to make ceiling transition above windows. Please help!

I've got most of the ceiling done in my skoolie, but the big problem that I am having is coming up with a way to transition the wood of the ceiling to the tops of the windows. In a perfect world, I would just attach the wood planks to the ribs like I have been the other 75%, but that will not allow any room behind. Any suggestions or resources would be greatly appreciated.

On a separate note, I have been just popping rough sized insulation board in the space between the ceiling and the roof of the bus. Is there any incremental improvements I could make

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0080.jpg   IMG_0087.jpg   IMG_0088.jpg  

gtownsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:13 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
You really want the insulation in the space between your ceiling and the roof to fit as tightly as possible. Getting foam board to bend around the ceiling curve is obviously difficult, though. I've been working on a technique where I "kerf" the board by cutting a series of grooves on the in-side of the board, halfway through it, which allows it to bend sufficiently. Once I work out the best position to make these cuts on an experimental piece, I'll mass-produce them for my ceiling.

This was my first stab at it: https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/r...tml#post393683 and https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/r...tml#post393744.