Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2021, 01:04 PM   #1

How to remove air seat PROPERLY?

I’ve already removed the air seat by just cutting the line attached to the air system from the seat (drained air tanks first, made sure bus was on leve ground and chocked). Read in here a 1/4 NP fitting would suffice but I’m seeing another line going to somewhere within the system (maybe horn?) of course the online manual has a section for this part of the system but it’s somehow missing (page 997 is what I need and manual cuts off at 996 and skips to next chapter ugh). So my question is, should I just splice the cut hose and reinstall the old air seat to save me the trouble? Call the company and figure it out from there?

The bottom line in the picture is for the seat but as you can see to remove that would also be to remove another seemingly important hose.
Attached Thumbnails
DCFBD697-C9AC-409D-8473-FF2651D8F733.jpg   D09C0083-6FE0-4BDB-A27E-32D1012BB750.jpg  

Parking Lot Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:50 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
That tee should unscrew from the block, after you unplug the air lines. Push on the little ring, pushing it towards the threaded part, while simultaneously pulling on the line. It will pull out, if you do it right.

Then, get a 1/4-inch compression fitting with a threaded male end, to connected the air horn line to the opening where you removed the tee.

In the alternative, you could simply cut the air seat line and cap it off with a 1/4-inch compression to 1/8-inch thread fitting...then cap the 1/8-inch threaded part.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote