Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ford/BlueBird
Chassis: B700
Hurri Heater, to be or not to be?

I took the heaters out of my 92 B700 (Bluebird) and I also took the heater that was to the left of the drivers seat out as well. Now I have two questions, it may be a little late for the last one...

1) Do I just run the hoses back into each other and cut the valves back on under the hood?

2) There is another large heater to the right, under the dash. Does this work the defrost, or was the one that I took out in control of that? Will that heater even work now? (The two hoses that I cut cane off of the other heater and ran to the rear of the bus. So they didn’t go to this heater)

Cæleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:02 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
the rear heaters can come out easily and not affect anything.. without the driver heater box you lose the driver side defrost.. the door heater is your stepwell heat and your right-side windshield defroster.. you can take it out however be prepared to bundle up in a fuzzball in the cold and have a windshield scraper handy t use on the INSIDE of the windshield unless you plan to put some type of hefty heating and defrost system back in its place. this is especially true if you are keeping the original school bus door.. they seal horribly..

if you arent driving in any cool weather then you can just get rid of it and use fans or A/C to help defog the windows on the inside..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ford/BlueBird
Chassis: B700
Thanks for the reply! I’ve left the other heater out and it rained so... it’s a little late lol what could I use to defrost the windshield in place of the drivers heater box? De-fogging it is my only concern.
Cæleb is offline   Reply With Quote