Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2021, 03:05 PM   #1

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Internacional
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 72
I need some help

Hey, I’m now on day 8 of living in our bus. It’s a 06 IC CE300 with a DT466. Everything has been going ok. Replaced the oil cooler and have a new rad to be put on and a spring kit for the parking break. Woke up the other morning, went to go to the yard to get started on the rad and nothing

She won’t crank

I get the “check electric system” warning light

When I go from On to Start I only hear a click coming from the relays in the panel outside beside driver seat.

We have checked every fuse, relay and connect we can. I have been all three and under her. I have also tried to jump start the Solenoid on the starter but still nothing. I checked the relays on the firewall. I now have a meter to start reading both sides of every fuse to see where I might not getting enough to power.

We have checked to make sure that interlocking safety system is not triggering this…

We have checked all the contacts on the batteries (we have 3 running in parallel) and made sure they were charge.

Where able to pull up 4 active faults and 2 past faults
(2023 x 2and 639x2)

I just don’t know where else to look or what to try to get her started. Any help would be great.

MamaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:13 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
I know you said your batteries were charged...but that click sure makes it appear that your batteries are not actually charged. I'd double check that.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:13 PM   #3

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Internacional
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 72
Checked and the batteries are at 12.5V
MamaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 05:05 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: 3000 / 33' Flat Nose
Engine: IC T444E / Allison MT643
Rated Cap: 72 Kids / 48 Adults
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles and can tell you that I'm more than feel your pain. I had a very similar thing happened to me three times now.

As my profile says, I have a 2000 33 ft flat nose rear engine IC. One day I drove it around and parked it in front of my house. An hour later I went to start it and it was dead. Turned out in my rear electrical panel tucked between a whole bundle of wires and wrapped up in tape and then covered in plastic was a diode the size of a grain of rice. The lead on that diode had broken and it shut down the whole bus. Very lucky that we found that.

Jump ahead several months later to last Tuesday. After months of the bus running just fine starting just fine everything just fine, I went to a store and when I came out again the bus was dead. Same exact symptoms. This time it was start relay. We changed the relay and everything started up and was fine. 2 days later, this last Thursday, I took off for my first road trip in 2 hours later broke down. After 2 days of troubleshooting with the help of many people I was able to get the best started. If them broke in on 10 miles later on the side of a busy freeway and is now at the international dealer.

What happens in my situation is I get water and fuel light comes on, we're normally I get the way to start light. According to a mechanic those are two completely different circuits. It appears that when the ECM does not get power, the wait to start light does not activate and the water and fuel light comes on. The minute the ECM receives power, all is fine. Unfortunately, in my situation as you start driving something happens in the ECM loses power and everything stops.

I get the same clicking on my driver side front panel, but nothing else.

If I jump my start relay it does crank, but no signs of it starting. Again, this is because the ECM is not getting any power and so it not telling everything to go.

Just some place for you to at least start looking.

Tags
dt466, help please!, no crank, no start