Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #161
Bus Geek
 
brokedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 3,056
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Glad to hear your recovery is going well. Those prices are amazing.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

__________________
Keep up with us and our build!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:24 PM   #162
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 10,482
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
Glad to hear your recovery is going well. Those prices are amazing.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
I'm disgusted with the medical profession as a whole. Most of it is only interested in milking as much money out of you as they can . They don't want you to get well because they can't make money off healthy people. But let's not get me started. My bills right now are hovering in the $200k range and I'm told the surgeons bill hasn't arrived yet. It cost over $3k for the ambulance to take me 18 miles to the surgical hospital, $166+ per mile, that's outrageous. Every time an associate cardiologist stuck his head in my room and took my pulse and asked how I was doing I got billed $300, totaling over $3k.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #163
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Okay, I've booked a second flight to OKC for the 17th to retrieve my bus on the 18th. I started my cardiac rehab today at a local gym because the hospitals CR program wanted me to go to the hospital 30 miles away, 3 times a week for an hour and a half at $260 per session for 12 weeks($9360). I don't think so, can do the same thing at the local gym for $79 down and $29/m. Wish there was a Planet Fitness closer than 20 miles away at $10 down, $5/m. The local gym is 2.1 miles from me, so I can ride my bicycle there and get an added 4 miles to my work out.
This is good to hear. Yer gettin back on yer feet.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #164
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I'm disgusted with the medical profession as a whole. Most of it is only interested in milking as much money out of you as they can . They don't want you to get well because they can't make money off healthy people. But let's not get me started. My bills right now are hovering in the $200k range and I'm told the surgeons bill hasn't arrived yet. It cost over $3k for the ambulance to take me 18 miles to the surgical hospital, $166+ per mile, that's outrageous. Every time an associate cardiologist stuck his head in my room and took my pulse and asked how I was doing I got billed $300, totaling over $3k.

I agree that our medical system is total sh!t.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:21 PM   #165
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 6,401
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I agree that our medical system is total sh!t.
Should we start a club??

I to am extremely frustrated with the useless expenses of redundant test, unnecessary procedures and lack of results.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:45 PM   #166
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 10,482
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
Should we start a club??

I to am extremely frustrated with the useless expenses of redundant test, unnecessary procedures and lack of results.
The club would be a bunch of old guys pissing and moaning about how much everything is messed up, I'll pass on that.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:48 PM   #167
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winlcok, WA
Posts: 2,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
The club would be a bunch of old guys pissing and moaning about how much everything is messed up, I'll pass on that.

My best friend and I always laughed about how old farts would discuss the weather and their aches and pains.

So what do we talk about when we talk? We talk about the weather (he lives in TX and I live on the wet side of the mountains of WA state). And we talk about our A1C, our blood pressure, our arthritis, etc.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:14 PM   #168
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
Should we start a club??

I to am extremely frustrated with the useless expenses of redundant test, unnecessary procedures and lack of results.
Yep a club to take back the health care system and get it right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
The club would be a bunch of old guys pissing and moaning about how much everything is messed up, I'll pass on that.
Agree


Quote:
Originally Posted by cowlitzcoach View Post
My best friend and I always laughed about how old farts would discuss the weather and their aches and pains.

So what do we talk about when we talk? We talk about the weather (he lives in TX and I live on the wet side of the mountains of WA state). And we talk about our A1C, our blood pressure, our arthritis, etc.
That's right. It's what my cousin and I do when we talk. Share medical details and stories. His wife is in the medical field. She just laughs and laughs at us.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:00 AM   #169
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 150
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Sorry if I missed any updates, but how's your rehab coming?? Any travel plans for bus recovery yet??
TrailLifeBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:50 AM   #170
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 10,482
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailLifeBill View Post
Sorry if I missed any updates, but how's your rehab coming?? Any travel plans for bus recovery yet??
I'm doing much better, working out at the gym everyday. I fly out Tues. afternoon to go get the bus in OKC and drive it home on Wed-Thurs.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:16 AM   #171
Bus Geek
 
Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 8,462
Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Excellent! Have a safe and uneventful trip!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:48 AM   #172
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tahoe
Posts: 513
Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3000RE
Engine: T444E w/ MT643
Rated Cap: 84 pass, 40'
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I'm doing much better, working out at the gym everyday. I fly out Tues. afternoon to go get the bus in OKC and drive it home on Wed-Thurs.
Glad to hear you are moving in the right direction now. Best wishes for an uneventful trip home and with your recovery.
__________________
middle aged mom on a learning adventure
2martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:00 AM   #173
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 10,482
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2martins View Post
Glad to hear you are moving in the right direction now. Best wishes for an uneventful trip home and with your recovery.
Today I am moving in the right direction, west on a plane to Oklahoma to pick up my bus. I'm exited about about having an uneventful trip home. I'll do the 926 miles in 2 spurts on Wed. and Thurs.

Christopher. PM me your cell# so we can text if we're in a bind.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:20 AM   #174
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Brunswick, GA
Posts: 150
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Woot woot!!

Glad you're recovering (your health, and your bus)!! Prayers for safe travels home. Send updates and pics, please!!
TrailLifeBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #175
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Central MN
Posts: 191
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC RE
Engine: 8.3L
Great to hear you are on your way (health and bus). Prayers for safe and uneventful travels home. Know your limits, sounds as though you have had good advice.

GaryC
Gustav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #176
Bus Geek
 
brokedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Weeki Wachee, FL
Posts: 3,056
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Exciting times! Hope for good weather and uneventful driving.
__________________
Keep up with us and our build!
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #177
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 10,482
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Well I hope the trip home goes better than my trip out. My neighbor picked me up late and I missed my flight to Charlotte by one freaking minute. They put me on the next flight to DFW, 10th on the standby list and a reply that DFW is a NFW. So now I'm on SB for the next flight to DFW at 6:20. So much for my leisurely day of travel.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:06 PM   #178
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 2,627
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Well I hope the trip home goes better than my trip out. My neighbor picked me up late and I missed my flight to Charlotte by one freaking minute. They put me on the next flight to DFW, 10th on the standby list and a reply that DFW is a NFW. So now I'm on SB for the next flight to DFW at 6:20. So much for my leisurely day of travel.
Get all the gremlins taken care of on the out journey, and the run home will be smooth and easy.
__________________
Steve Bracken

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:12 PM   #179
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Harlem, GA
Posts: 21
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 passenger
Happy to hear you’re better. Just returned from a 1404 mile trip to bring mine home last Friday. We stopped when fuel hit 1/2 tank so we could keep an eye on fluids and tires. You should be good just take it easy.
gadawg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #180
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 10,482
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Well I made it onto a flight to DFW that will connect me to a flight into OKC at 11:11, only 2.5 hours later than scheduled. I'm good with that, hope it doesn't keep my ride out too late. I expect even sailing on the way home. 926 miles, probably head to Memphis tomorrow and cruise in the rest of the way on Thurs. Got a call about 1/2 hour after I left that the cats have set off the home alarm, they are not suppose to set it off but I have a kitty condo that sits near the sensor that wasn't there when the alarm was installed.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.