Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 91
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: cat 3208 T210
Rated Cap: 72
Ignition cut-off problems

After thinking we finally got a handle on all of the interlock cut-off switches, we attempted to take the switches out and re-wire to bypass switches completely. This is where i need help. I have two switches that were on the wall by the side emergency door, one for when the door latch is shut and one for when the barrel bolt slide lock is pushed back in the unlock position. Between these two switches i have a strand of four attached wires coming from the electric panel that i would like to re-wire and bypass the switches completely so I can start the bus anytime. The strand of four wires are white, black, red, and green.

Any help or direction to specific threads would be greatly appreciated!

CostelloCrew

CostelloCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Ignition cut-off problems

Every bus might be different. If you can post pictures of the switches, and the connections of the colored wires to them, we may be able to remotely help scope out the functions or suggest test procedures to identify the wiring.

It can't be as hard as remotely assisting a doctor in Antarctica perform an emergency biopsy on herself.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear
If you can post pictures of the switches, and the connections of the colored wires to them, WE may be able to remotely help scope out the functions or suggest test procedures to identify the wiring.

It can't be as hard as remotely assisting a doctor in Antarctica perform an emergency biopsy on herself.
WE says you, I will hold the beer
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 91
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: cat 3208 T210
Rated Cap: 72

no worries. after some careful testing (random wire combinations), the switches have been succesfully removed and bypassed! three of the four wires connected with one wire not connected got the bus started. then pulling one of the wires out of the connection turned off the buzzer up front.
CostelloCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:00 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Good to hear "no smoke was let out"
Does she run good?
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote