RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2015, 12:02 PM   #1
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 58
Year: 1971
Coachwork: Gillig
Engine: Cat 3160
Insurance questions.....

If there is already a discussion thread for this, please point me in the right direction.

We are at the point where we need to have our bus registered as an RV and I'm wondering what insurance company you all use.

We need to have the bus conversion covered, as well as all the contents (fulltimer's insurance), and the trailer we will be pulling with our vehicle inside.

I've checked out Blue Sky and they do not insure school bus conversion.
GilligusMaxibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #2
Site Team
crazycal's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NUNYA
Posts: 4,236
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Titles, Insurance, Registration and Money Matters - Skoolie.net

Good luck getting full coverage.
I'm hungry!

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #3
Site Team
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia
Posts: 244
State Farm will do comprehensive coverage on a converted school bus titled as a motorhome, at least in Colorado. I got a quote this month for about $130/month, or about $90/month for just liability.
Polarweasel is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.