Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2021, 08:56 PM   #1

International 3800 1998 bus must sell.

It is now time to accept the fact that I must tell my two buses. I purchased them one year ago and had plans on converting 1 to a skoolie and one to a work vehicle. My life has taken a different direction and I have moved to Virginia from Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Must sell my buses at an excellent price. I have two buses one with 89000 miles one with 100,000. They were both athletic buses in North Myrtle Beach South Carolina. They both run well and have excellent tires. I have more pictures. Tires are excellent. I drove both buses a short while but have not started working on them other than took seats out of one bus. Both have the 7.3 international Turbo diesel. Asking $1,500 each. I will sell both for 2500 if they go quickly. Please make offer. I have titles for both and have tags and insurance and you can test drive them. Please contact me at 843 685 2143. Thanks Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
20191028_134913.jpg   20191028_134904.jpg   20191120_132030.jpg  

Autojeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:26 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444EIEIO
Rated Cap: 8 window?
question

What transmission and what hp is the motor rated? I need a new passenger windshield also. I would consider buying the bus for the parts and dispose of the shell. Sorry.. Hope thats ok.
mrpincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 11:05 PM   #3
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpincher View Post
What transmission and what hp is the motor rated? I need a new passenger windshield also. I would consider buying the bus for the parts and dispose of the shell. Sorry.. Hope thats ok.
You'd buy a $2500 bus to just to replace a $400 windshield glass? I think if your bus needs that much in parts, you'd be better off to start over IMO... Thinking about one of these myself.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:35 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Two buses for $2500.00. Were I in a position to do so, I would be highly interested. Sigh.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:45 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Carpenter / crown busses, high headroom.. if someone does part one out, i need a couple passenger windows..

these look to be Richmond busses which have different windshields than the mitchell busses do..

as activity busses these are likely going to have a top speed of 55, the OP can elaborate on what the engine RPM at 55 MPH is but most NC stuff is not 65 capable without mechanical modifications.

read the ECM computers for true hours / mileage. the instruiment cluster readings are never to be trusted on navistar from the mid 90s up.

if someone just meeds a new windshield on their carpenter bus, they are flat glass and any reputable glass shop can make them easily. TAC bus parts may still have the factory rubber seals for the richmond busses.. they had a lot of richmond parts at one time.
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 02:16 PM   #6
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: T444EIEIO
Rated Cap: 8 window?
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Carpenter / crown busses, high headroom.. if someone does part one out, i need a couple passenger windows..

these look to be Richmond busses which have different windshields than the mitchell busses do..

as activity busses these are likely going to have a top speed of 55, the OP can elaborate on what the engine RPM at 55 MPH is but most NC stuff is not 65 capable without mechanical modifications.

read the ECM computers for true hours / mileage. the instruiment cluster readings are never to be trusted on navistar from the mid 90s up.

if someone just meeds a new windshield on their carpenter bus, they are flat glass and any reputable glass shop can make them easily. TAC bus parts may still have the factory rubber seals for the richmond busses.. they had a lot of richmond parts at one time.

Would like to have a spare motor, transmission, tires, windshield, etc . Retiring in a years time and would be able to dink around with something like this as a JIC project. The price is definitely right.

I didn't catch that these were crown buses last night. I have 1999 BB 3800. Looking this morning the windshield appears to be different. Its looking like the BB windows are not as rounded on the corners.

I'm in Amarillo and we have a sizeable scrap yard on the east edge of town. They have maybe 50 buses in all states of decay. I almost bought a bus from the guy several years ago. Google earth the place and you can see many of them lying around 35.19364217939761, -101.71097490072958 called AAB Amarillo Truck Parts.

Mike
mrpincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 12:25 PM   #7

Year: 99
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freight Liner
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 28k
Jeff tried to call you sent text can come get both today live about an hour away
Rickd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
international, skoolie