Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2021, 10:19 AM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

My lift door is frozen shut right now (gotta love the northeast) and I didn't see any model from the inside. It is the stock lift on a Corbeil mini bus chassis - no mods. I leave the key in the 'on' position, turn on the lift power at the switch board, power at the lift remote and it works.

nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:09 AM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
We have 4 lifts, of 3 different lift makes and styles. Two are under-mount lifts built into the front of Gillig Phantoms, one is a Braun, and one is a Ricon. All of them run off electric hydraulic pumps. Even though some are wired through a solenoid, which only allows operation under certain conditions (door open, engine running, parking brake on, or a combination of those) they all have the ability to be wired so that they can be used with the engine off. But, as mentioned above, the current draw is pretty high while the pump is raising the lift under load. It is a short-duration event, but doing it a couple of times could drain a significant number of pixies from your batteries...and you need those pixies to start, unless you set up a separate battery bank.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac power, electrical, shore power, solar