Yeah, I was the one who removed the windows to tint them. Removing the window assemblies themselves is easy. I can have all 20 out in my bus in under 5 minutes. But then, I took each one apart down to the individual panes of glass. After the first couple, I could have one apart and down to the glass in a couple of minutes. I cleaned up each one really good and then tinted away. I let the tint dry for a couple hours before I put it back together. My whole bus looks like it was tinted by a professional. The windows are painted on the inside too. The tint definitely needs to be on the inside of course. It took me three days to do all of my windows, but I'm a pretty slow worker. I sit around a lot, stare at the bus, BS with my neighbors, drink beer, etc while I'm working. I probably could have done everything in a day if I had worked hard.
I don't much care for the sheet metal over the window look. Where there's going to be a wall in my bus, I painted the windows and used some screws to fix them up permanently. Before I did any of the tinting or anything, I evaluated all the windows in my bus. Some of them work better than others. There were a couple that wouldn't stay up all the way. Those are the windows I moved into spots where I painted them and fixed them up foreverrrrrrrr....
I painted the outside of my bus with Dupont Imron paint, but I got it from a friend who works for Dupont. It's AWESOME paint, but very expensive if you have to buy it. It only took one coat and it's super shiny. No clear coat needed. The black I used to paint my bus runs about $140 a gallon. The yellow I have for the flames is $700 a gallon! Geez. This guy has a ton of this stuff and just gives it to me. Anyways, I think that most people use the Rustoleum professional paint. I've used this stuff on some other things on my bus like the wheels and mirrors. I actually used the hammered paint for that stuff, but Rustoleum seems to be quality stuff at a great price. When I painted the outside of my bus, I spent a LOT of time sanding and prepping the outside. I also removed every single light, mirror, window etc. It was a pain in the ass but worth it. I'm still getting ready to paint the inside of my bus. I did a lot of sanding on the inside too. Those kids are dirty. There were stickers and gum and stuff all over the place. I masked everything and removed all the windows again and started painting. Then realized I didn't like the color. Oh well. I'll paint again next weekend. My wife's car blew a head gasket so I get to fix that this weekend!
I'm going to lay down some Norboard sub flooring too. It took me forever to get all of the little trim strips out of the floor. 75% of the screws were stuck like chuck. I had to grind and cut them out. Then removing the heater was an all day job and a huge mess. But I've got all that done. After I paint, I'm going to put the subflooring in. It looks easy, but I'm sure I'll run into some sort of disaster along the way!
I'm going to build on top of the sub flooring. I'll build all of my cabinets, bunks, bathroom etc. The last thing I'll do to my bus is lay down the actual flooring. I'm going to have heated floors as well. But on top, I'll have the linoleum tiles in the bathroom, and some of the linoleum wood strips in the living area. Back in the bedroom and the bunk area, I'm going to lay some carpet pad and carpet. I'm also going to BUILD my couch. That will be a big adventure I'm sure!