Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2021, 10:10 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Question Keep the control panel or no?

Hello guys, curious is it necessary to keep this? Did you keep it or get rid of it? We plan on replacing the folding doors with an exterior house door and it’s in the way while ripping up floors, but is it something we need to keep? What did you do?

I have a 2010 Micro Bluebird
Attached Thumbnails
0F2B6EE0-E89B-497F-935B-905316D01F4F.jpg   78DEC91E-E7C0-4153-AB9E-BAB774D861E8.jpg  

emmaabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:38 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12-valve
Rated Cap: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaabraham View Post
Hello guys, curious is it necessary to keep this? Did you keep it or get rid of it? We plan on replacing the folding doors with an exterior house door and it’s in the way while ripping up floors, but is it something we need to keep? What did you do?
I'm in the process of removing the electrical wiring from the same control panel. The only thing I want to keep is the dome light switch. You could use a ratchet strap connected to the column closest to the door which already has a support brace to temporarily hold the door closed. I have seen where someone, or maybe it was a factory system, had hardware mounted to that column.

Update your info in the registry to show the make, model etc. and maybe your location.
BamaBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:39 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
Our vents were just a faux bezel, no factory passenger heat or door defrost on our Central FL bus. We sealed the gaping holes ( open to the pavement, below) with repurposed wall steel & dynatron. Can now insulate the body/floor. Maybe yours could benefit from the same.

What year, make, model do you have? Fill out the User Profile & the owners of your buses' twin may offer up, too.
*(i see the updated edit, '10 micro bb)
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 12:51 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:

I have a 2010 Micro Bluebird
I kept what was necessary, moved it around a little and then spiced it up a little.
Attached Thumbnails
F8E13A9A-B3E2-461D-B721-09E96AC3688F.jpg   29825DF8-7485-4AD7-B30E-7CF058A8CA24.jpg  
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:51 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBus View Post
I'm in the process of removing the electrical wiring from the same control panel. The only thing I want to keep is the dome light switch. You could use a ratchet strap connected to the column closest to the door which already has a support brace to temporarily hold the door closed. I have seen where someone, or maybe it was a factory system, had hardware mounted to that column.

Update your info in the registry to show the make, model etc. and maybe your location.
Ah okay, I’m not thinking I need any of the switches, but want to know what they are in case I do- did you have an owners manual come with your bus that showed those things?

Edited the post to include my bus make!
Old 09-13-2021, 02:53 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMac View Post
Our vents were just a faux bezel, no factory passenger heat or door defrost on our Central FL bus. We sealed the gaping holes ( open to the pavement, below) with repurposed wall steel & dynatron. Can now insulate the body/floor. Maybe yours could benefit from the same.

What year, make, model do you have? Fill out the User Profile & the owners of your buses' twin may offer up, too.
*(i see the updated edit, '10 micro bb)
That’s a great idea, I’ll try and look into doing that, especially if when i remove the floor i find myself in a similar situation!
Old 09-13-2021, 02:55 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatman View Post
I kept what was necessary, moved it around a little and then spiced it up a little.
woooow, i love that!! So cool! I don’t wanna keep it if i’m not gonna use the buttons which i don’t know that i am so i’m leaning towards completely getting rid of it, just don’t know.
also where did you get the foot pedal?! i love that!
Old 09-13-2021, 03:27 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12-valve
Rated Cap: 1
Quote:
Ah okay, I’m not thinking I need any of the switches, but want to know what they are in case I do- did you have an owners manual come with your bus that showed those things?

Edited the post to include my bus make!
This is where you can get the Blue Bird operators manual. All I have with the bus is the Chevy manual. https://www.centralstatesbus.com/manuals/

Enter your vin here to possibly get to the electrical schematics. I haven't verified if they are correct for my bus. https://vantage.blue-bird.com/Portal...?srcaud=Portal. Mine were just controls for the warning lights and dome lights. Seems you have more switches on your panel. All of the wiring leads back to the access panel above the driver.

If you enter the bus info in your registry it will always follow your post. It just makes life easier. What engine do you have and how many windows behind the driver? There were micro buses and mini buses but I don't know what size the 2010 micro models are.

Did you ever get the battery issue fixed?
BamaBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:01 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:
woooow, i love that!! So cool! I don’t wanna keep it if i’m not gonna use the buttons which i don’t know that i am so i’m leaning towards completely getting rid of it, just don’t know.
also where did you get the foot pedal?! i love that!
Thanks. I believe I got the foot pedal at Amazon
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control panel