Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2020, 06:38 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC B6000
Engine: Chevy 350, Turbo 400
Rated Cap: 64
Arrow Landed in Texas at Awesome Possum DIY Conversion Ranch

I've recently introduced myself here as a new DIYer with my 81 GMC Bluebird and wanted to update my experience since I left Florida.

Made it to Texas and spent some time visiting family in Dallas, but didn't want to overstay my welcome, so was looking for a place I could park, live and work on my bus, and an RV park or the side of my brother's house was out of the question.

I was thrilled when Phil, the owner of Awesome Possum Van Works, a DIY Conversion Ranch, reached out to me - and they were just two hours west of Dallas.

I've not only found a place to live and work on my bus, I've also got access to all the tools, helping hands, advice, and an actual full service shop if and as needed.

All I can say is I am in a DIYers conversion paradise, oh and it's cheap! $80 a week for the premium spot (water and electric access) $50 for primitive spots.

If you are doing a bus conversion and can make your way to Graham, Texas, I'd highly recommend checking out Awesome Possum Van Works.

See: https://awesomepossum.app

They were also recently featured on Cheap RV Living with Bob Wells. Type Awesome Possum Van Works into youtube to find that video.

If you can swing by, let me know. I'll be here for the next month or so working on "Old School" and will give you the grand tour!
Attached Thumbnails
20200515_134631_HDR.jpg   schoolbus.jpg   shorty.jpg   awesomeHQ.jpg   awesomevan2.jpg  

Old 05-19-2020, 01:52 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
I am so glad you found them! I saw that video you speak of ... presents as a great place.

Do you know of any places like that in Florida?
Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:36 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native View Post
I am so glad you found them! I saw that video you speak of ... presents as a great place. Do you know of any places like that in Florida?
Nope - looked in Florida before I left. Closest thing I found was up north a bit. There's a place in NC and I do believe there's something in Georgia (not a work and live). The way things are going, I do believe there will be more and more places like this popping up around the country.

Good luck!
Old 05-19-2020, 12:04 PM   #4

Sounds like a cool spot.

I'd love to know more about that Superior motorhome in the background of the second picture! The whole reason I joined this forum is because I have a similar model and they were built by the Superior school bus company!
NateS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:57 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateS View Post
Sounds like a cool spot.
I'd love to know more about that Superior motorhome in the background of the second picture! The whole reason I joined this forum is because I have a similar model and they were built by the Superior school bus company!
That Superior came in last week and I met the couple who informed me of the details of this classic dodge powered rv. He's talking about doing a 4x4 conversion here as part of the work to be done to it. Let me see if I can pull him into this thread to share more.

Tags
conversion ranch, diy conversion