Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2022, 06:28 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran (Now Navistar)
Engine: DT444E (7.3L) International
Rated Cap: 31,800 pounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
our beloved mcb camp lejeune, mcas new river, mcas cherry point, fort bbrag, seymore johnsons afb.
navfac norfolk type stuff.
make since now?

Make sense? No, but it sounds like how the DOD (and all fed agencies) love to waste our tax dollars. LOL
Been to a couple of those bases, spent 18 years in the Corps, can't imagine what process would require recert of propane tanks that often but then who knows how some of our regs have come about. It could be a hold over from the first days of bottled propane when tanks were dangerous.

We've done so much, for so long, with so little, we now do the impossible, overnight, with nothing. US Marines -- 6531, 3521. . . .Ret ASE brakes & elect. Ret (auto and aviation mech). Extra Class HAM, NAUI/PADI OpenWater diver
HamSkoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:52 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamSkoolie View Post
Make sense? No, but it sounds like how the DOD (and all fed agencies) love to waste our tax dollars. LOL
Been to a couple of those bases, spent 18 years in the Corps, can't imagine what process would require recert of propane tanks that often but then who knows how some of our regs have come about. It could be a hold over from the first days of bottled propane when tanks were dangerous.
combat marine.
used and abused SIR?
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:04 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
sorry forgot to say army corp of engineers and they really love the air force spec.
nav fac is held under there standards now.
look at the UFC criteria.
united facilities criteria is what every construction project on a govt project is designed buy.sorry this one got into my head.
pertinent info is the 320 for plumbing and 420 for HVAC but it is more fore design by code
its a rabbit hole that is in my head i cant get out of because of my job but topping a code? they always one up it.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 10:31 PM   #24
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: AmTran (Now Navistar)
Engine: DT444E (7.3L) International
Rated Cap: 31,800 pounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
combat marine.
used and abused SIR?

Definitely used and abused though not to the extent of combat. And certainly not to the extent of today's combat guys with all the extra garbage they carry.
Only time in my career that I was on the wrong end of a barrel was NAS Miramar when the NCIS guys pulled up lookin like hippies and and one drew down on us with 38 snubbies outside the barracks as we waited for a cab. Three letters of reprimand later and a face to face apology by the guy that drew down, I felt a little better..... but still abused by a couple of hippies. Their hair MUST have been at least over their ears. LOL
We've done so much, for so long, with so little, we now do the impossible, overnight, with nothing. US Marines -- 6531, 3521. . . .Ret ASE brakes & elect. Ret (auto and aviation mech). Extra Class HAM, NAUI/PADI OpenWater diver
HamSkoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:19 AM   #25
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Our hot little grubbies...
Chassis: Ford CF8000 ExpeditionVehicle
Engine: Cummins 505ci mechanical
Rated Cap: Five Heelers
We prefer 15#/4.2-gallon bottles.
Our decision was finalized the day we watched a BillionBuxBus manoeuver to top their frame-mount tank.
For us, simpler is better.
LargeMargeInBaja is offline   Reply With Quote