Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2018, 11:43 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Layouts that have room for board games or tabletop RPGs?

Hey Skoolies!

As per the title, one thing I think about a lot when I'm considering a skoolie's layout is... can I accommodate a few friends for a tabletop RPG? A board game night? What about 6+ people for a 'party game' type card game?

Of course, it's not too hard to set up a canopy and a table or two outside and even fold-up chairs can all be stored pretty neatly. But sometimes outside is just not very friendly to playing games--wind blowing stuff around and whatnot.

Having a table/booth against one of the walls seems like the most space-efficient thing to do, but having a table in the center of the van allows for seating on all sides of the table.

Any thoughts, ideas, or experience on the subject?

scapegoatwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 11:49 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: Dt466e
Rated Cap: 71
In the front of my bus when you first walk in i will have my couch on one side behind drivers seat, and a wall mounted tv opposite so theres open space on one side. I intend on having a table that is up against the opposite wall thats not too big and can be pulled to the middle. Haven't figured out exactly how ill do it, but that's my plan

edit - right now i have no plan for a kitchen table or any kind of dinette in my bus. I'm a single guy. I'm cool with eating on the couch