Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: flatnosed
Chassis: amtran/bluebird/thomas
Engine: diesel
Leveling Jacks

Although there are some older posts, I have not seen a recent discussion of leveling jacks. Some folks were going to try some electric one but I did not see if they were successful. They sell replacement ones electric and hydraulic for RVs but they are $3000+. With all of the good old American (Canadian and UK too) ingenuity, I am surprised some one has not tackled this issue – anyone care to comment?

I am confident someone has engineered a solid, dependable and thrifty solution( other than boards!).

Is this Board great or what?

Old 08-01-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Leveling Jacks

ya lately the whole 2x6's under the wheels is all i have been doing. But when using the parents camper and now me with my trailer I need to find something as well. The trailer im just going to buy 4x4's and make some square blocking for the trailer. Its the bus i wonder about. would be nice to have something to securely block the back then have electric or manual crank ones i can attach at the front.

also i found the jacks with the little knob on top that you crank around in circles are hard on the hands. ones with a big bar are better but the ones that you crank in a circle up and down are the best imo.
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: flatnosed
Chassis: amtran/bluebird/thomas
Engine: diesel
Re: Leveling Jacks

I was looking at platform raised by single piston (hydraulic) pushing a scissors arrangement and wondering if that idea (inverted) would work. Specifically I saw a catering truck at the airport that used that mechanism to get to the level they wanted. If you have one front and one back would that work? I guess you would have to be relatively level side to side to begin with and the platforms would just level front to back.