Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #1

Engine: 5.2 Magnum V8
Looking for Dimensions and Floor Plans

Heyya Fellas,

A while ago I posted about how I was interested in primarily cutaway van short busses / taking the P-90 route. Just wanted to say thanks for the great advice and insight Skoolie has brought me.

Anyhow, the past couple weeks I've been doodling some floor plans for all sorts of busses (40 fters, P-90s, short GM Topkick/Kodiacs) but they're just that.. Doodles. I've gone ahead and tried to find exact dimensions for busses I've spotted around my area but haven't had much luck with it. I've been using the old Window Counting trick, I've scaled tires/lights the best I can. I've even been debating on putting up an Ad in hopes of somebody letting me go measure out their bus(ses). I'd really love to buy a bus in the next year, but I feel like I'm just going to be comfortable buying one until I know what I'm working with in terms of space and planning.

So I guess what I'm asking, is if anybody has any advice on how to go about the planning phase, or has their own dimensions, I'd really appreciate it. I'm mostly interested in seeing how I can manage my floor space and utilize /design storage.
I'm interested in circa 2000 short/medium length GM GMT530 type C busses, or GM Cutaway type A busses (equivalent Ford Models works just the same) and would love to get an idea for dimensions, but I'd also love to check out other peoples floor plans for their busses as well to get some ideas.

Thanks in advance

>Din is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, dimension, floor plan, gmc, shorty