Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: P30
Engine: Chev 350 gas-replacement
Looking for these panels for my bus

Hi everyone,

Last summer I had to re-route the front-to-back wiring bundle on my bus after a misguided attempt to install curtain rods went awry.

The wiring is complete, I've installed new wood and insulation to replace the metal skin, but I need to come up with some kind of cover.

On a newer bus, I spotted some really nice-looking chase covers (or whatever you'd call them) but can't seem to determine what they are referred to in a catalog so I can buy a few. This is exactly what I want, and far superior to what I was planning to create using roof flashing and thin wood.

Anyone have any idea as to the "official" name of these panel covers?

Thanks,
TA

http://www.skoolie.net/attachments/p...fbdbbff95b.jpg

Tool Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:14 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Not sure what they're called... Mine are a different style because I had ducted roof air down each side.
I'll be building mine out of galvanized steel, because I want to punch them out for electrical boxes. (Yes, I'll create enough clearance that there won't be any electrical arc'ing)

But anyway... I asked our local school bus shop manager and he said they were readily available at a place he gets them... Some sort of school bus parts vendor he uses in Oklahoma City. So, you might ask your local manager.

Local trade school where I substitute teach has this plug cutter in Electrical Trades

HVAC class has a 8' sheet metal brake

Old 04-26-2018, 12:33 AM   #3

Year: 1987
Coachwork: GMC
Chassis: P30
Engine: 5.7 Gasser
Good evening, I have a 1987 p30. 5.7 gas, very solar to yours. I have just purchased two months ago and am having little luck in getting power to wipers, heater, and interior lights. It appears that I am missing metallic circuit breakers (2) on left side bus bar behind instriiment cluster. Any chance I can get a few pictures of this area? I have checked all obvious fuses, neutral switches, continuity, etc. Tried the shotgun approach with a couple of components with little success. Any clues, ideas, and pictures would be appreciated. I will set up a few pics of bus tomorrow. Thanks
James888 is offline   Reply With Quote