Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2007, 07:47 AM   #1
Skoolie

My horn sounds like a bee hitting a wall

It's not that my horn isn't working, its just that is sounds like its from a little oriental compact car. I know its pretty vein of me, but I want a horn that represents my bus better. I have thought about train horns given that my sign-on is Train-train, but I don't want a horn that will influence traffic accidents or the cause of someone needing another change of clothes. I don't think a novelty horn fits my personality so i was wondering if any of you have had similar thoughts and if you had any suggestions?

BTW, My sign-on comes directly from the southern rock/blues song Train Train by Blackfoot. It has been my sing-on for all the forums I frequent. I have a huge appetite for blues music and particularly harmonicas. I also really like slide guitar and prewar blues. Actually, I bought my bus to inspire me to be my blues festival ride.

Train-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: My horn sounds like a bee hitting a wall

Quote:
It was the most hilarious thing ever, I'd blast it in front of people at cross-walks at night and scare the **** out of them!
Lucky you never got beat up. or sued for old grannys heart attack.
swinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Re: My horn sounds like a bee hitting a wall

Just go to any wrecking yard and get the horns from a big old domestic car. Be sure you get both, because the secret to the classic American Car Horn is that there are two horns -- a low note and a high note, sounding in harmony.

Be sure to mount them with the original brackets. Those brackets are flexible for a reason -- the horns must vibrate to give off the right sound.

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote