Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International
Engine: 9L
My self-designed electrical schematic if anyone's interested

If anyone else on here likes discussing and tweaking electrical plans [read: is as much of a geek as me], here's your big chance. I feel I have it about where I want it, but welcome input. I read the RVIA and ANSI publications and have adhered to them as far as I can see, but there is always room for improvement. As to my experience level, I own a handyman-type business and have years of construction-related experience but no formal training. I do sit around and read the NEC and other publications, as well as books on electrical theory and application, but I am still an amateur.

I tend to over-plan things, because it is easier to make changes on paper than in the field. I therefore spent quite a bit of time designing a complete schematic for my coach. I am not ready to install all of the included loads or circuits yet, but the idea is that if I have a map I can build it in stages without painting myself into a corner. It includes 110V circuitry (from the point of entry into the bulkhead) and 12V circuitry (not inclusive of all OEM chassis circuits or of chassis grounding portions of circuits). It does not include wire size or type information, and load wattage is largely absent, except for some sticky notes regarding large appliances. There is a legend included (but you may have to rotate the image to read it). I designed it on a 24"x34" pc of posterboard, and then scanned that plan to a PDF file, which allows the addition of sticky notes.

Here is a link to the file: pdf-schematic-26MB.pdf [You may want to right click > save file, and then open it locally]

MichaTheStoryteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 92
Coachwork: ward flat nose
Chassis: international
Engine: dt466 mt643 air ride
Rated Cap: 84
Re: My self-designed electrical schematic if anyone's intere

Your link doesn't work.
kotflb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.

What he said.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International
Engine: 9L

Sorry about that, my web server had a little glitch there. All fixed now!
MichaTheStoryteller is offline   Reply With Quote