Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2021, 12:06 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Need a place to work on your bus(s)?

I will have a rental coming available shortly that has room AND ZONING that make it skoolie friendly. With a little tree trimming you would have room for two full size buses.

It is an old two bedroom one bath home. It is ok but does have a few rough edges. It does not have a garage. If you want to build one I would participate in that.

It is in Dayton Washington, a couple of blocks to the local lumber yard/hardware store and about 30 minutes from Home Depot.

https://www.historicdayton.com/

Rent is negotiable.

Let me know if you are interested. I am tossing this out to Skoolie first. I will post it locally in a couple of weeks.

Thanks.

S.

PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 12:31 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
If it wasn't winter. And how is the humidity there?

I bought my bus in Tucson. Drove it 2 blocks to HD. Wiped the sides where it still said "school" (they scraped off the vinyl letters, but the paint had faded enough to still read it) with a dry rag - not washed, and quickly ran Rust-O-Leam rattle-can enamel down the sides (see avitar).

A year or two later I went to paint it with the exact same paint. Sanded the sides, the new paint wouldn't come off if I tried; sanded all paint. Washed it with soap and water, dried it, buffed it clean, and painted. All that new paint applied here in the high-humidity peels off like vinyl stickers.

I was going to head to the desert and park in the middle of no-wheres and start scraping and re-painting, but a real pad near town would be nice. Don't need a house, though. Have one.
Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 04:59 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Gnome View Post
If it wasn't winter. And how is the humidity there?

I bought my bus in Tucson. Drove it 2 blocks to HD. Wiped the sides where it still said "school" (they scraped off the vinyl letters, but the paint had faded enough to still read it) with a dry rag - not washed, and quickly ran Rust-O-Leam rattle-can enamel down the sides (see avitar).

A year or two later I went to paint it with the exact same paint. Sanded the sides, the new paint wouldn't come off if I tried; sanded all paint. Washed it with soap and water, dried it, buffed it clean, and painted. All that new paint applied here in the high-humidity peels off like vinyl stickers.

I was going to head to the desert and park in the middle of no-wheres and start scraping and re-painting, but a real pad near town would be nice. Don't need a house, though. Have one.
It is very dry here. We get about 19" of rain a year. National average is 32"
Old 01-31-2021, 01:55 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
I really enjoyed middle-Washington. I rode my bike on the old Milwaukee line from Seattle to North Bend to Spokane. It was beautiful. Loved riding along the Yakima river and the Crab Creek stretch from Beverly to Othello. And Lind Washington on the 4th of July. What a hoot.
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:27 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjo View Post
I really enjoyed middle-Washington. I rode my bike on the old Milwaukee line from Seattle to North Bend to Spokane. It was beautiful. Loved riding along the Yakima river and the Crab Creek stretch from Beverly to Othello. And Lind Washington on the 4th of July. What a hoot.
Most folks that I talk to that haven't been here think that all of Washington is grey and rainy all of the time. They are surprised when I show them pictures of sage brush and rattlesnakes.

I made a similar trip back in 1982. I rode from Marysville to Sandpoint ID and points beyond. I spent almost four months on the road. Trip of a lifetime.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:25 PM   #6
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: MidBus
Chassis: Chevy Express 3500
Engine: 6.5L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 19
But... all of Washington is the western half, right??

I need to get out over the Cascades more often, it really is a different world than near Puget Sound.
Beirdo is offline   Reply With Quote