Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2019, 02:22 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: 2002
Engine: T444E/Allison 2000
Need Help With Solar Setup, URGENT!

Hey Guys!

I need some serious help, wife is pis***! Lol. We have had our solar set up for a few months now and she is ready for power!! I have absolutely no idea what I am doing so I included a picture of our set up. We opted for strictly 110v (we basically only need to charge laptops/phones for power needs.)

I sized MPPT to 40, 2x100w Renogy panels currently, did a 40 MPPT because I plan on adding 2 more panels. Have 2 12v 100ah AGM's, power audit gave us 25.44 TOTAL daily AH. We don't need a lot hence why the system was sized small. I read somewhere on the forum that heavy gauge audio wire was good for connecting but I'm hearing mixed reviews?

Main questions are what inverter should I get to convert the solar (DC?) power to useable (AC) power? What gauge wire should I run from battery bank to breaker box? And finally how do I physically connect the wires into the breaker box?

I know these are pretty basic things but I have no experience in this so any help is really, really appreciated! Plus, happy wife happy life
Attached Thumbnails
solar grid .jpg  

KevinDarcy11 is offline   Reply With Quote