Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1983
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Ford F600
Engine: 370
new tires for my bus

I have a 83 ford with Dayton wheels all around with 9.00x20 tires on all 4 corners. I need new front steers mine are weather checked bad but have almost new tread which sucks. Anyways I have the chance to buy some new 10x20 rims and tires and just want to make sure these will fit on the front for a 100 a piece. The numbers on these tires is not something I am familiar with so any help is appreciated. Thanks

moerules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: new tires for my bus

Hey thanks but the 10x20 are on daytons just a bigger size tire. I have already replaced all 4 rears and now need to do the fronts the rims are the same just wanst sure if the bigger tire would be an issue!! I use the bus mainly to go to MIS speedway twice a year. It has 6 bunks, 2 captains chairs and two bus seats facing each other with a table in the middle of them,full bath with an old motor home toilet sink and shower combo,stove, fridge, sink, heater and a roof top air unit, It is powereed by a Kipor 3500 watt gen.Here is the only 1 I have as of now on this computer.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Ford B-600
Engine: Ford 370 Propane
Rated Cap: 48

Nice bus. How do you like the 370 engine in it? I have the exact same Ford B600 with the 370, but mine is running propane. What kind of mpg do you get? I know my bus has 8.25 x 20 tires on front and rear. The previous owner replaced all 4 rear tires last year and it cost about $1500. If you can get the fronts for $100 a piece, I would probably do it. But that's just me. What is the stock size on the bus? 9 x 20? Its not like you need to worry about the tire rubbing another tire like on the rear of the bus. You could always check with a truck tire shop and see what they think, after all, you would have to have them change them over anyways unless you have some really heavy duty equipment.
jkindt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

I got the new tires today. They are 9.00x20 brand new for 75 a piece the guy also threw in a set of rims for me just need to get tubes and have them mounted. Called the local shop that does semi tires he told me $34 a tire for new tubes and to mount them up!!!
As far as the milage it gets around 4-5 but thats all highway rolling around 65 on the way to MIS Speeday and back around 340 miles round trip. After reading some of the posts on this site I am going to try running 55 both ways to see if there is any differance. I am also replacing the carb with a non goverened model either a 600 or 650 cfm model hoping that helps also!!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
Skoolie

Hey I knew I saw that bus somewhere, its the MIS Makeover bus. I stay in the infield, Where do you usually stay at the races? I would love to stop by and check out the bus while there at the race. From the pic it looks like your on the back stretch near turn 2. MIS is doing another makeover this year. Congrats on winning it last year.

Chris
thesaltydog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks Chris,
Yes it is the makeover bus Roger and the MIS staff did a great job on it I think. Stop on by we will be in row AA about 1/4 way down the backstretch in June and on the Rail for August about the same spot.
I did see they where doing another one and think thats great I did the inside 5 years ago and just didnt have the time ,place or funds to paint the outside to match. They did a better job then I would have for sure!!!! It was just by chance to be able to have them do it a bunch of Budweiser in me and some a Crown Royal in Roger after we got to B S ing and one thing led to another and the offer to do it came out. Really didnt take him serious but he came through!!! Awsome guy there for sure..
The tires are old 6 years to be exact but beat the heck out of the 83's that where on it the new ones have been stored indoors perfect shape and 150 cheaper a tire then the store was offering. I hope they will be fine as we only put 1000 miles a year on the bus. Paid a 150 a piece for retreads 3 years ago in the rear and have already had to replace one of those because the cap was starting to come off or so it looked!!