Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2021, 10:59 PM   #1

No child left behind

Hi, I'm stuck!..does anyone know how to disable the " no child left behind "system from the computer and turn off the warning light in the dash...the beeping is driving me nuts! I have an 09 IC...

Tammy02187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:45 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
my 2004 bus different make/model and my only experience with the child check button?
i was able to trace the VANDALOCK wiring and found that if i connected the VANLOCK RELAY wire and the VANLOCK PILOT wire together that i was able to delete everything else related to that system.
good luck
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 10:27 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: IC / Amtran
Chassis: 3000 / 33' Flat Nose
Engine: IC T444E / Allison MT643
Rated Cap: 72 Kids / 48 Adults
If your No Child Left Behind system is still intact, there is a procedure for stopping the beeping. In the IC buses I drove, it varied, but in general, it activated only after turning on your 8 way lights (the yellow and red ones on top, front and back, that flash alternately). After turning off your 8 ways, you shut the bus off. You then have say 30 seconds to go back and press and hold the button until you hear a beep. After that, the alarm is disarmed. Once you've disarmed it, it should not arm again unless you activate your 8 way lights.

You may need to get information on the model of the system and contact the manufacturer for the proper sequence.

Per removing it from the bus, I'm not sure. Mine was already removed.
Old 08-25-2021, 10:59 PM   #4

Thank you both!, I have an 09(per) title, tag says 07 so...? Anyway, there is , was no " button " to press in the back, there was however a plastic box with a buzzer and button at the door latch, that has all been removed, the bus will start and drive but now I have the " emergency light in the dash lit and a beeper somewhere in the dash going...still hunting!...lol
Old 08-26-2021, 04:30 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy02187 View Post
I have an 09(per) title, tag says 07 so...?
Sometimes there's a considerable lag between when a bus (or its engine) was manufactured and when it was sold. Mine for example was built in '02 but is titled as an '03. A two-year difference would be unusual but not impossible.
Old 08-26-2021, 09:25 PM   #6

Ok!, I assume it's alright being two MVA's in different states accepted it that way so I'm not worried, just curious...thanks !
Old 11-26-2022, 07:11 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Year: Don'
Coachwork: Don't have one yet
Chassis: Don't have one yet
Engine: Don't have one yet
Rated Cap: Don't have one yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy02187 View Post
Thank you both!, I have an 09(per) title, tag says 07 so...? Anyway, there is , was no " button " to press in the back, there was however a plastic box with a buzzer and button at the door latch, that has all been removed, the bus will start and drive but now I have the " emergency light in the dash lit and a beeper somewhere in the dash going...still hunting!...lol
Did you ever figure it out. On my 2008 bluebird vision it sounds the horn too. Like you a load of wiring has been removed.
MarkCHI is offline   Reply With Quote