Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2005, 11:13 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14
No wood under rubber floor

Has anyone else gotten one like I did?
It was just the rubber floor on top of the metal. No wood in there exept for a little bit under the drivers heater.
This bus is a 1992 international bluebird, with front lift door. right now the odometer reads about 104500 which isn't too bad for a 7.3 motor. I drove it home pulling my f250 behind it with the pedal crammed to the floor pretty much the whole way at 56mph. (600+miles) It didn't burn any oil in that time. I think it pulled about 5.5mpg coming home.
And it came from the St. Louis Missouri area. I know cause I found the line setting ticket in it. It shows ordered by: Al Scheppers Mtr Co.
I got it from Midwest Transit out of their Swansea IL location. Here is a photo,

It did get in to some kind of collision at the service door. And the best part about that was it wasn't too long ago either. This thing has a fairly new service door. So new that the paint hasn't even started fadding yet.
And the hood might have been replaced too but I'm not sure on that. Otherwise there isn't a whole lot of rust anywhere on this one other than normal surface rust on the frame and axles and related parts.

wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:47 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

MIne was strictly metal under rubber - with some wicked adhesive that didn't want to give up the ghost even after 40 years!

Enjoy!
7000 watt generator powering 2 6500 btu A/C's
Rebuilt 350 puts the power down.
66ChevyTailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #3
Bus Geek

That's a nice looking bus. I've always been impressed with blue bird bodies. In my opinio, they seem to be built better than some of the others ie: thomas. (I can say that....i have a thomas.)
Old 10-20-2005, 08:58 PM   #4
Bus Nut

my 79 Wayne was rubber over metal, the rubber was cracked allowing moisture under it with no way out, rusting the hell out of the metal. Is now patched, painted and covered with 3/4 OSB and carpet.
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote