Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/AT545
Re: Obvious question, obvious answer

In my Thomas bus, that handle is a release for the doors. It is attached to a cable that is attached to a locking plate inside the bus. If I don't throw that lever, I cannot open the doors. My guess is that someone disconnected your lever and the locking device inside the bus so the doors can be pulled open directly. My lever has a small cabinet lock in it which will prevent the lever from moving, and I had a key made, but the key does not operate smoothly at all, so I will need to come up with a different locking mechanism, or I suppose I could try to fix the lever/lock.

viewtopic.php?t=4959
Diesel Dan is offline   Reply With Quote