Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2020, 01:18 PM   #1

Ohio skoolie legal tricksters

I have purchased a 2005 International model pb10500. I am in the process of converting this into an RV. All school Decals have been stripped, seats removed, stop sign and walk guard removed. Prepping for paint(currently waiting for this rain/snow mixture to go away. I still need to disable and black out the 8-way flashers per ORC. I am having some difficulties obtaining the correct information reguarding CDL's. I have spoken to ODOT, OSHP, PUCL, & the Columbus OH BMV. ODOT tells me they are roads, OSHP tells me I need to have an inspection, PUCL tells me bc its for private use, non hire I do not fall under their regulations and the BMV states I need to take it to the OSHP and have an inspection performed. Once that is done, they will determine if a CDL is required. According to https://www.bmv.ohio.gov/dl-cdl-exemptions.aspx, it states the an RV is excluded from those vehicles that would otherwise require a CDL. My GVWR is 27,500. I have not obtained a final weight as I am waiting to complete the build. Is anyone knowledgable in the state of OH laws and regulations pertaining to my particular situation? Any correct input would be highly appreciated.

Graywolf is offline   Reply With Quote