Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: A3 FE
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 78 skinny butts YMMV
Opinions on Pressure Washing

I see that there is a LOT of grime/gunk/$heet built-up on components under my bus. Stuff is caked on...
Should I use my home pressure washer? or take it to a truckstop washer? (does anyone know if they wah the under carriage? I have never looked or asked before.)
I plan to temporarily tape over bolt holes before washing. Getting ready to remove the rubber floor and having a clean bottom would be soooo refreshing
Any advice or gotchas?

oldntired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:56 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3000RE
Engine: T444E w/ MT643
Rated Cap: 84 pass, 40'
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldntired View Post
I see that there is a LOT of grime/gunk/$heet built-up on components under my bus. Stuff is caked on...
Should I use my home pressure washer? or take it to a truckstop washer? (does anyone know if they wah the under carriage? I have never looked or asked before.)
I plan to temporarily tape over bolt holes before washing. Getting ready to remove the rubber floor and having a clean bottom would be soooo refreshing [emoji3]
Any advice or gotchas?
I did this with a low power pressure washer and at an angle rather than straight up. When I went inside afterward there wasn't any water in the bus from the bolt holes. YMMV. I live in a VERY dry area. I didn't get carried away trying to get everything off, I just wanted to be able to see what was under there.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:58 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3000RE
Engine: T444E w/ MT643
Rated Cap: 84 pass, 40'
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2martins View Post
I did this with a low power pressure washer and at an angle rather than straight up. When I went inside afterward there wasn't any water in the bus from the bolt holes. YMMV. I live in a VERY dry area. I didn't get carried away trying to get everything off, I just wanted to be able to see what was under there.
Mine is hooked up to a faucet with warm water which may have helped some, but I didn't use any soap. I WAS going to take it to an RV wash place where they have stairs so you can walk up and wash the roof, too, but when I finally got the bus started again at midnight I just drove it home and parked it. It hasn't moved more than a foot forward since March.