Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2015, 05:04 AM   #1

Year: 2000
Coachwork: corbiel
Chassis: Ford E350
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 10 people&handicap
Please help with marker light problem- newbie

Hi, new to forum and bus ownership. I recently acquired a 2000 Ford E350 with a Corbeil short body. Va state inspection requires top marker lights to work. However, whoever sold the bus disconnected all school bus lighting , the large flashing lights, stop sign, etc., that is all controlled by the Thomas eight light system above the driver seat. No problem there. I know that is not allowed to work. However, I need to get the marker lights working when the headlights turn on. Does any know if they are controlled by the Corbeil bus body/ Thomas system or the Ford chassis? I have scoured the net and the bus to find a fuse / wiring diagram or problem. No luck so far. I did see something about a white tan wire issue with marker lights in F350 trucks. Any ideas on how the marker lights are controlled? My guess is since they are tied to headlights, the problem is somewhere with the E350.

thanks for your help.

woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:15 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
Try emailing Corbiel with the VIN of your bus. They may be able to send you wiring diagrams and such. I was able to get info on my Eldorado bus this way. Otherwise, you can start tracing from the lights and working backward. Tracing wiring in these buses can be a real PITA.
roach711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 83
Lights

Hi Woodsong. If you can do basic wiring this is an easy fix. Find the wire that goes to all of the marker lights. Next find a power wire from the headlight switch that gets power when you turn the lights on. If you wire the two together your marker lights will come on with the headlights. If you want to wire in a relay I can tell you how to do that, just ask. Good luck.
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marker light electrical