Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 07:30 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Amtran RE
Chassis: International 3000
Engine: T444e 7.3L
Post-Pandemic Travel

Sure, the coronavirus isn't gone, but most of the restrictions are. The price of RVs is through the roof, campground reservations are filling up, and folks are trying to see everything and do everything. Those of us in the military have a LOT of leave saved up (I have almost two months worth)

So, what trips do you have planned?

We went to Key West for New Years, then the Florida beach in April. More recently, we spent a week at the lake (I commuted from the campground to work). Later this summer, we have trips planned to the beach again and the Smoky Mountains. We're also going to rent an RV in Alaska for a week as that is just too far to drive.

Old 05-30-2021, 08:22 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitsjam View Post
We're also going to rent an RV in Alaska for a week as that is just too far to drive.
This is pretty funny coming from you.
Old 05-30-2021, 08:26 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Amtran RE
Chassis: International 3000
Engine: T444e 7.3L
Well, too far to drive when I only have 1 week of leave. It took me 9 days to drive it mid-February one-way.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:22 AM   #4

To tell the truth, if you compare our travels before the pandemic and after, they are entirely different vacations. I hope that it will all stop soon. And we will be able to return to the usual rhythm of life without the pandemic. So we would be able to travel generally without various restrictions. The coronavirus knows no borders and continues to spread all over the world. That's why it's a good idea not to take unnecessary trips for an indefinite period. If the trip cannot be canceled, follow the following guidelines and rules to prevent the virus from traveling with you. By the way, many resort regions provide information on their websites about the regulations in place to contain the pandemic.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:37 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
ive been travelling all along, albeit not nearly as much as I like / Need to travel.. Ive got my vaccines (and will be Boostered today).. the bus it makes it easy to avoid crowded restaraunts or coffee shops.. (find places with nice parking lots and I dine in the bus.. hotels dont bother me.. I try to pick major brands that are clean and nice.. esp ones like residence inn, towne place, homewood suites as the yhave windows that open in many of them so I can keep a window open in my room at all times..

I aim to kick the road trips back into high gear for the winter.. all my busses are running fantastic right now.. fuel costs are high but Business is Bonkers right now so $$ is good and i need to be in a mental / phyiscal space / energy to be at my tip top brainwave state which means on-the-road.. thats where im most productive..
Old 11-04-2021, 10:54 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Are we there yet?

I’ll be spending a month in the desert attempting to learn to play a musical instrument
Old 11-04-2021, 11:00 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitsjam View Post
Sure, the coronavirus isn't gone, but most of the restrictions are.

This bit didn't age too well

(but I was one of those who felt things opening, and took off traveling, its actually been a fairly nice time to travel, there have been a handful of complications, and things I wouldve liked to do or places I wouldve liked to go that I couldn't due to Covid restrictions, but considering a self contained style of travel, and my propensity to go to less crowded parts of the world, it really has not been a big issue for me personally.
Closed Thread