Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
Almost There

Year: 1977
Chassis: International Harvester
Propane connection

I don't like the propane setup on the skoolie I bought. The line leaked and getting the tanks on and off the bus were a pain and the 20lb tanks were basically hanging unprotected on a rack under the bus. I am looking to run a line toward the outside of the bus where I can hook up an extend-a-stay type setup that just sits on the ground while I am parked. I just can't find a connector, preferably quick connect for easy operation, that I can mount to the bus. I'd prefer something recessed with an access door so the connection isn't sticking out of the bus asking to be damaged when not in use or driving down the road. Anyone know of anything that might work? I was looking at a cover for a gravity fed water inlet and just using the hole in it for the connector. If I do that I still have to find the connector though.

RavensOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Carpenter Cadet CV
Chassis: G 30
Engine: 350
Rated Cap: 23
Re: Propane connection

I have one of these... http://www.acehardware.com/product/inde ... Id=1437941
spirit_of_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
Almost There

Year: 1977
Chassis: International Harvester
Re: Propane connection

Thanks for the links. I made a good discovery and a not so good discovery today.

The good: The water heater was also electric so it can go either way. That makes propane only required for the propane furnace and stove. I tend to cook outside on the grill when camping so during most of the season I won't need the propane unless I am going off grid and don't want to fire up the genny.

The bad: The stove is shot. One of the connectors got bent and kinked so bad I am not even going to mess with it. It is just the stove top so finding a replacement shouldn't be too hard.
RavensOracle is offline   Reply With Quote