Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-16-2018, 12:25 AM   #21
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,386
Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown, integral. (With 2kW of tiltable solar)
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Now if they made a low floor FE that would be ideal.
I've seen some ugly low-floor FE shuttle-type buses at the local Seizure World near here - I don't know what make they are, but with some imagination it could have a rear ramp to ride a bike straight inside. Anything's possible.

John

Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:37 AM   #22
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 10,482
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John View Post
I've seen some ugly low-floor FE shuttle-type buses at the local Seizure World near here - I don't know what make they are, but with some imagination it could have a rear ramp to ride a bike straight inside. Anything's possible.

John
We are getting away from the original Skoolie theme going in that direction.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:24 AM   #23
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,782
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Now if they made a low floor FE that would be ideal.
It sucks having a lowrider bus.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 05:24 AM   #24
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 23,782
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
We are getting away from the original Skoolie theme going in that direction.
Not everyone here has a school bus. Or even a bus at all.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:41 AM   #25
Bus Geek
 
joeblack5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: pa
Posts: 2,519
Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford 1998 e350 4x4 7.3 2 mercedes 2004
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
Thanks Pepito for your link, very inspiring. I will follow a similar procedure.

later J
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:53 AM   #26
Bus Crazy
 
JDOnTheGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The West
Posts: 1,209
Year: 1998
Coachwork: MCI
Chassis: 102 EL3
Engine: DD 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
I think JD installed some electric floor heat.
Yep, Johan is right. My write up is here: Bathroom Heated Tile Floor - JdFinley.com However; I haven't yet finished the wiring/powered it up. So, no actual experience to report.

I'm having to dig several months back into the grey matter but IIRC, the issues for me were...

1. Ceiling height. I don't have a lot and increasing the floor "thickness" to accommodate water lines was a problem. I thought about installing the lines under the floor (via the basement) but that was not going to be easy or quick.
2. I was worried about leaks over time (as Tango noted). Especially given my propensity to drill a hole or insert a screw before thinking.
3. .... something else... I can't remember what it was but I know there was another factor...

It seems to me that electric is used to 'heat the floor' whereas hydronic is used to 'heat the room'. Big difference. I think I would love a diesel/electric fired hydronic system cause it is a wonderful feeling heat (at least it is in a S&B home) but I just couldn't justify it in the bus.
__________________
JD - Full timer out west
Missy - 1998 MCI 102-EL3 - 1.7kW Solar - 10kWh Lithium
My Adventures & Build
JDOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:51 AM   #27
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 10,482
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDOnTheGo View Post
Yep, Johan is right. My write up is here: Bathroom Heated Tile Floor - JdFinley.com However; I haven't yet finished the wiring/powered it up. So, no actual experience to report.

I'm having to dig several months back into the grey matter but IIRC, the issues for me were...

1. Ceiling height. I don't have a lot and increasing the floor "thickness" to accommodate water lines was a problem. I thought about installing the lines under the floor (via the basement) but that was not going to be easy or quick.
2. I was worried about leaks over time (as Tango noted). Especially given my propensity to drill a hole or insert a screw before thinking.
3. .... something else... I can't remember what it was but I know there was another factor...

It seems to me that electric is used to 'heat the floor' whereas hydronic is used to 'heat the room'. Big difference. I think I would love a diesel/electric fired hydronic system cause it is a wonderful feeling heat (at least it is in a S&B home) but I just couldn't justify it in the bus.
I can see underfloor hydronic used as a "room" heater. I would imagine the floor would have to be pretty hot in order to heat the room. I believe both systems are intended to heat the floor. I'm wondering how each system would perform if it's under a subfloor and top floor. I would think it would be most efficient if it was directly under the top floor, which means it would be imbedded in the rigid foam directly under the top floor.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.