Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2022, 07:23 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2009
Purchasing a Drivers Seat

I have a skoolie with air brakes. I want to replace my seat because its old, ( and probably has old farts in it ) but obviously I need to purchase the right one. Any guidance on how to do that? And where to buy? Obviously, a google would help, but sometimes there are better websites to find these sorts of things and I get the best help from you guys! I love you all!

BusBae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 07:32 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000 28ft
Engine: Cummins ISB 5.9 24v, MD3060
Rated Cap: 14
You can go to a local heavy truck salvage and pick up a used one.

You can go to a truck store and order an aftermarket one.

They have them available online as well (Amazon or eBay) Most air ride seats should be compatible. They just bolt through the floor with the nuts on the bottom.

I had my mind set on Prime seating or legacy silver leather seat once my build was done.
https://primetpi.com/

I ended up just picking up a pair of brand new takeouts locally from someone that bought a $500k RV and didn't like the colors, but I have a make a custom bracket as they are for a Freightliner M2 and adapter plates cost more than I bought the set for. Upside is that they both swivel.
fo4imtippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:59 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
Did you get this done?
I bought a new Freightliner air ride seat off Ebay, $250.00 delivered. All I had to do was remove the slide rails off the old seat, bolt that to the new seat, plug in 2 airlines with push-lock connectors and bolt it to the original pedestal, and it was done.
I bought that particular seat because my bus is a Freightliner chassis and the bolt hole measurements were exact.
BarnYardCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:16 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2009
Nope. I haven't gotten mine yet. What I've seen has been pricey. Which I don't mind paying for. I just think I'm doing to have to find a style I like and then get it re-upholstered. I want a specific color but I'm not seeing what I want so I think that might be the best option.

I also haven't attempted disconnecting the air lines on the old seat yet. Idk why I am nervous about this lol. I just need to look up a video.
BusBae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 09:13 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
There are some decent fabric paints available. I painted an ottoman for my house using SEM brand, cost about $20/can. On my bus, I painted the padded panel under the A/C unit, used something from Walmart that cost around $6 because it's not going to get handled or sat on.
You could try painting to get the desired color, and if you don't like the results, then have it reupholstered.
BarnYardCamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drivers seat, where to buy