Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2020, 08:27 PM   #1

Question about Registering a rebuilt bus as an RV

I'm looking to buy my first bus this Friday

2001 7.3 Ford e450 160,000 miles. It looks really good, only one small rust spot on the outside. The only issue I'm worried about is that the title is registered as rebuilt.

I called my insurance company(state farm) and they said they would be able to insure it as either a bus now or an RV later as long as the title gets changed to rv. They said the rebuilt status of the title isn't an issue.

What I'm worried about is having problems with the DMV when changing over the title to RV. I'm not sure if this could be an issue or not, I couldn't find any information about it online.

So, has anyone been in a similar situation or have any advice on what I can expect. The bus is from OK and I'll be registering it in MO

M3W2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:28 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Rebuilt title could be a problem with insurance. Most insurance companies won't touch a salvage or rebuilt branded vehicle.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:31 PM   #3

Right, I asked if it would be a problem and she asked if it was a salvage title and I said no. She said it was fine. It's currently insured with State Farm.
M3W2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:34 PM   #4
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3W2 View Post
Right, I asked if it would be a problem and she asked if it was a salvage title and I said no. She said it was fine. It's currently insured with State Farm.
Rebuilt basically IS a salvage title that has simply gone through a rejuvenation inspection for roadworthiness. Tell them it's a rebuilt branded title and you'll likely get a different answer.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus advice, buying advice, registering, title