Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #21
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
if you risse the floor and spring a plumbing leak how do you get to it to fix it?
-Christopher
The very question I would like to ask all kinds of RV manufacturers who run plumbing and install tanks between the interior floor and the frame deck. Sure, it works as a way to keep stuff from freezing... sort of... as long as you use the built in forced air heater, but if something starts leaking mid-pipe, you might as well just start cutting holes in the floor and hoping you can find the bad spot. Yeesh.

I'm guessing anyone on this site who creates a raised floor is going to have a better eye toward self-service options for future repairs.

lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 92
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 5.9L
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourmefa View Post
some how I missed that in your build thread - will have to go back and look. Curious what your reasoning was for doing this if you did not run things through the raised portion? Insulation factor?
i didnt run them through the raised part because of the fact of freezing pipes, right now temperatures where i live can get to -30 so i have no clue what the temps will be down in the insulation bay. It very well may be -20 outside, 30 degrees in the insulation bay and then 60 to 70 inside which would mean the pipes have a chance of freezing. Not sure it will really work like that...but im not taking the chance because by the time you'd notice a leak it might be too late and replace a lot of stuff that might be moldy.

Although if you're dead set on running pipes and stuff through the bottom, use the shark bite pex tubing, leave connctions accessible, if its leaking somewhere other than the connections just fish the new pex tubing next to the old, then take the old out, and snap the new tubing into place at the connection points. Its relatively pretty cheap, just dont drink from plastic. Use it for washing dishes and showering! haha.

It honestly just all depends on your situation, when its all said and done. do what YOU want.
BurlKing is offline   Reply With Quote