Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2021, 08:12 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Thank you, yes, I copied that information down.
And $800 for a pair of brand-new ones sounds almost a bargain, compared to some prices I see.
Bit of a drive from Northern California, though.
And with Covid still raging, I am not going anywhere for now.

But yeah... Between Millicent and Albatross, I could use three or four pairs of these!
Let's see.... I have friends in Prescott, Clarkdale, and Apache Junction near Phoenix.
Blah, blah, blah.

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:34 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjo View Post
So I guess now I need to figure out how to shorten the door actuator so it’s out of the way.
do you have a door lever actuator picture?
my bus was gutted as far as wheel chair ramp and door actuator before i bought it and i wish it wasnt but i got what i bought.
need ideas for the front entry door because mine has nothing to hold them closed except what i made temporarily but you have to be inside to open them for now once latched inside you wont open that door from outside unless you know what i did. but why the handi door,rear door and drivers door are not locked.
dont know what was originally there to control that door? any ideas?
because of the weather stripping mess i almost want to weld the two together or change the concept to a bi fold?
any ideas would be appreciated.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 03:14 PM   #23
Skoolie

Chassis: GMC 3500 Thomas
Engine: 6.0 L GAS
old GMC sierra ( ?) truck passenger seats have a shoulder strap built in so you can still swivel [IMG][/IMG]
skidfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 03:28 PM   #24
Bus Geek

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
do you have a door lever actuator picture?
my bus was gutted as far as wheel chair ramp and door actuator before i bought it and i wish it wasnt but i got what i bought.
need ideas for the front entry door because mine has nothing to hold them closed except what i made temporarily but you have to be inside to open them for now once latched inside you wont open that door from outside unless you know what i did. but why the handi door,rear door and drivers door are not locked.
dont know what was originally there to control that door? any ideas?
because of the weather stripping mess i almost want to weld the two together or change the concept to a bi fold?
any ideas would be appreciated.
I’ll take a photo of the actuator in a couple days and DM you when I do. But I wouldn’t install one if I didn’t have it. I would connect the two together and hinge from the leasing side. Then I’d install a deadbolt. There’s someone on this site that has a really good example of that setup.
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 03:56 PM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

Removable seat

Removable seat:
I have had good luck with the Ford transit seats. You have to have the two seat rails that mount to the floor and then the seat pops in and out of those. Other things with three point harnesses you may want to consider would be Ford SUVs. Several of them had foldable back seats with three point harnesses the trick is to find one that has a flat floor so that easily mounts in your bus.
Flying Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 04:25 PM   #26
Almost There

Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3500
Engine: GMC
Rated Cap: 8 handicapped
I have a 2007 gimpy bus. Still in the planning stages. I've plunked a seat down right beside the drivers seat for thinking. Raised up on 2x4s it seems not so bad - or good. Too high for a clear view out the front window. Just a wee bit too low for legs. Nice to have company at your elbow driving. And nice to be looking out the front window. But I'm leaning towards not bothering with a second seat that would need to be belted and pass safety inspections. I'm sure there are codes out there for these things. And I imagine that even if you built something 10x as solid as code demands it could still be rejected. So I'm leaning towards letting a passenger rattle around in the back with a window seat. And no hassle from the man.
jackdebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 06:19 PM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

I am using a middle rear seat out of a 2004 Volvo XC90 that has internal seat belts and a track. It is not removable nor does it swivel. It is narrow, on a track and folds nearly flat though. I mounted it next to the driver's seat and fold it down and slide forward against the motor cowl (Ford E450) when not is use. This allows the seat to clear the aisle for easy access to the rear. Just a thought. Some of the XC90's don't have tracks.
Brian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 07:45 PM   #28
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian S View Post
I am using a middle rear seat out of a 2004 Volvo XC90 that has internal seat belts and a track. It is not removable nor does it swivel. It is narrow, on a track and folds nearly flat though. I mounted it next to the driver's seat and fold it down and slide forward against the motor cowl (Ford E450) when not is use. This allows the seat to clear the aisle for easy access to the rear. Just a thought. Some of the XC90's don't have tracks.
Thanks can you post a pic?
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 10:57 PM   #29
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American RE
Engine: Caterpillar 3126B
Rated Cap: 66
I just bought one of these Sienna second row seats with the integrated seat belt for our jump seat over the weekend. Then seeing this thread makes me happy that I jumped on the one that I did. It looks comfortable. By the end of this week we should have it arrive t our doorstep and I can start figuring out where and how to mount it.
CoffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 07:00 AM   #30
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Metrotrans
Chassis: International
Engine: T444e
Rated Cap: 23440Lb 31pass
Passenger seat

we use a 2 nd. row seat out of a Ford conversion van . has build in seat belt and a baseplate for easy removal . Got a second baseplate and mounted one up front and one behind the door at the workstation
49roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:52 AM   #31
Mini-Skoolie

Volvo XC rear middle seat re-purpose

Here are pics of the Seat in up/down, forward/Rear positions. It cost me about $40 at a junkyard. It as on a 94 model. Some of the others on the same lot had no tracks/were fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Jump Seat.jpg   Jump Seat 2.jpg   Jump Seat 3.jpg  
Brian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 11:38 AM   #32

So, what did you end up doing Danjo? I have a minotour to, that we are converting, and also need a spare seat. Its a little bus, so space is precious!
Beumers is offline   Reply With Quote