Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Crown Supercoach Series II
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC
Reuse bus windows?

Or not to reuse? That is pretty much the question. Mine are 22 tinted. I feel bad but as it is now it could not be insulated for extreme weather and full-time living. I will be moving to an acre of raw land and was thinking either a funky tree house or shed or a greenhouse. Would tinted work for a greenhouse?

If someone would buy them, that would work too. What would you do?

Sent from my Coolpad 3632A using Tapatalk

yello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:13 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by yello View Post
Or not to reuse? ....

...either a funky tree house or shed or a greenhouse. Would tinted work for a greenhouse?
It would work, but all of your plants would be tinted green.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Rated Cap: 2
A greenhouse using tinted windows has to be a bad idea. They use a special grade of glass for greenhouses that lets in a broader spectrum of light than
regular window glass.

I don't like the tinted energy-saving windows they sell as standard up here at the 48th parallel, where you want to let the sun in most of the year. My bus heats up quite nice with a bit of sun coming through its untinted windows, and is comfortable up to the mid-80's. Tinted windows are (probably) a wiser choice in hotter (and/or more humid) environments, IDK. I guess you got to build for where you park, (and sorry about the thread hi-jack).
bus-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:32 PM   #4
Almost There

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Crown Supercoach Series II
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus-bro View Post
A greenhouse using tinted windows has to be a bad idea. They use a special grade of glass for greenhouses that lets in a broader spectrum of light than
regular window glass.

I don't like the tinted energy-saving windows they sell as standard up here at the 48th parallel, where you want to let the sun in most of the year. My bus heats up quite nice with a bit of sun coming through its untinted windows, and is comfortable up to the mid-80's. Tinted windows are (probably) a wiser choice in hotter (and/or more humid) environments, IDK. I guess you got to build for where you park, (and sorry about the thread hi-jack).
The Crown came with tinted windows which really made it look cool [emoji41] . I am going to panel over it all in the name of energy-efficiency. Then add a window or two because my mother is claustrophobic. I think they would look cool as a second floor addition for the emergency hatch area. Seems too crazy...or is it. I just don't want to see you them go.

Sent from my Coolpad 3632A using Tapatalk
yello is offline   Reply With Quote